Google Calendar finally lands on the iPhone

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Google has just announced that Google Calendar is finally available for download in the App Store.
google-calendar-iphone-day-hero.jpg

While there are tons of calendar options available currently in the App Store, there are tons of users who have been patiently waiting for the official Google Calendar to finally be available. Like its Android counterpart, Google Calendar for iOS will allow events to be created right from Gmail, offers various assists to speed up the process of entering events, and has a great schedule view. The features aren't the only thing Google brought over from the Android version, they have also copied the Material Design language of the application over as well.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The app looks great. It's time for Apple to step up its game in the Calendar department, in my opinion...:)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a nice calendar. I just deleted fanatical. Apple really needs to up their game in this department.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Now I've downloaded Google Calendar, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I actually prefer the Apple calendar. I haven't tried Fantastical yet so can't comment on how good that is.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the calendar is beautiful. I am currently using Fantastical and I have been for well over a year. This might finally be the app that draws me away from it. I can't wait to see what the future of this calendar looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Normally I'd be all over it being a Gmail user but since manually moving my calendar over to iCloud I was like meh when I heard it was out. But, I'm gonna try it now.......as soon as the App Store outage is resolved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Normally I'd be all over being a Gmail user but since manually moving my calendar over to iCloud I was like meh when I heard it was out. But, I'm gonna try it now.......as soon as the App Store outage is resolved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let us know what you think of it when you do give it a try...;)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I REALLY like the way it looks. That material design that Google's going for is visually pleasing to me. Though my google and iCloud calendars are identical, I'd like it if I could turn off the Google calendar and just use my iCloud calendar with this app. Haven't quite figured out how or if I can pull that off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Other than YouTube, Google apps just don't feel the same without the full Google integration so I've since uninstalled and gone back to my Apple apps. Other than looks, Google Calendar didn't really improve my event creating experience at all.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It looks nice. Easy to use. But it won't replace my Super Calendar. That remains my favorite. I love adding images to it. One thing I don't like about the Google Calendar are the tiny numbers on the month view. I'll keep it a while, but will most likely delete it at some point. I already deleted Calendars 5 and Fantastical 2 in favor of Super Calendar. I don't need 5 Calendars like I have with weather apps. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73