Outlook for iPhone or iPad could be the mail app we've been waiting for!

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
outlook_iphone_6_plus_macro_hero.jpg

Outlook is Microsoft's relaunch of Acompli, the iPhone and iPad email app they acquired last December. It's been rebranded but it still supports not only Microsoft Exchange and Outlook mail accounts, but Google, iCloud, and Yahoo as well. For file storage, you can instantly hook into Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and Box. There are focus lists and scheduling options to help you get through your inbox faster, and your calendar is only ever a tap away.
Not only does Outlook support all these services and perform all these tasks, it does so exceptionally well. So well in fact, it may be the mail app you've been waiting for.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if IMAP IDLE is available for IMAP accounts ? Or are Push Notifcations available. Any feedback on battery usage vis-a-vis mail.app.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if IMAP IDLE is available for IMAP accounts ? Or are Push Notifcations available. Any feedback on battery usage vis-a-vis mail.app.

Why don't you download it and find out?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you download it and find out?

Downloaded and using it as default mail application.

To begin with, Threaded view is mandatory, which is a known limitation as per FAQ. New update is going to give the option of non-threaded view.

Notifications are push and once you open the app, the mails are synced.

You can move from 1st open mail to opening the 2nd mail by swiping from right to left, which is a very good feature, missing in default mail.app.

Will try it out for a few days and report.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I have 4 email accounts configured on my iPhone, I am using the Outlook for iOS app specifically for my Outlook.com account. The native Mail app is used for my remaining email accounts, and thus far, I enjoy using the Outlook for iOS app in this manner. @Adrian Craig, I haven't noticed any battery-related differences from having the Outlook for iOS app installed. The search function within the app works well for me. I'm going to keep using it in this manner for a while.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I used to use the app befor Microsoft purchased them. I'm using cloud magic now.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I am back on default app.
Main Gripes were:

1) Lock screen and notification screen have the options to Delete and Archive. No reply or mark as read.
2) The font size is smaller than default mail.app's size and no way to change that.
3) Many times I noticed that sync took a while to update emails ,upon opening the app. At times it states mails up-to-date, when badge count shows 1 unread mail( and there is infact a mail waiting to be read).

I guess I am still not used to waiting for mails to download, upon opening the mail app. I prefer my mails to be downloaded and ready for viewing, when the badge states so.:concern:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77