Android to iPhone switch rate highest in 3 years

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
iphone_6_iphone_6_plus_hero.jpg

As part of Apple's conference call for its first quarter 2015 financial results, Tim Cook said that, though they didn't look back any further, Apple saw the highest switch rate of users from Android to iPhone in three years. Cook also noted that the launch of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus saw the highest number of new-to-iPhone customers than any previous launch. Given this news, Cook said the company is "bullish" on the future of the iPhone as it expands its appeal to new users.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This really isn't a surprise to me. Most of what I here is "I wish iPhone had a larger screen", and now they do (6/6+). iOS8 with the speed a smoothness (IMO), and just enough customization, is enough for some to switch in favor of the iPhone.....MORE to come...IMHO.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm just asking out of curiosity more than anything:

How does a company get statistics like that? Like how does Apple know someone who bought a new iPhone previously owned an Android? I've always been curious as to how companies get info like this.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm just asking out of curiosity more than anything:

How does a company get statistics like that? Like how does Apple know someone who bought a new iPhone previously owned an Android? I've always been curious as to how companies get info like this.

I'm not sure, but one guess is that they get them from carriers. The carriers know which phone their customers just upgraded from, and it's possible they provide those statistics to Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR