Thoughts on Apple's 2014 iPad and Mac event

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
ipad_mac_event_banner.jpg

Apple's Town Hall is small, almost intimate. A stark contrast from the cavernous Flint Center. It was a smart choice for the October 2014 iPad and Mac event. When updates are subtle and dense, it's good to see them close up. That was the case with the new iPad Air 2, and even more so with the Retina 5K iMac.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was really disappointed with the way that the iPad Mini (3) got crapped on. The only upgrades it got were TouchID and color options. Phil Schiller barely even mentioned the iPad Mini - it got just enough attention to be considered a full-blown snub.

I also discovered that the new Mac Mini will not have user-upgradeable memory. Another poor choice by Apple.

The 5K retina iMac? Meh. I?m a MBP guy, and frankly, the iMac does not interest me in the least.

Yosemite is really nice, but I?ve been running that since DP 1, so it was "meh" as well, at this point.

iOS 8.1 will be welcome to finally give use the SMS in OS X, plus a buttload of fixes and bug squashes (hopefully).

Not Apple's greatest moment, IMHO.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Apple paid the iPhone a lot of attention as well with iOS 8. But the iPad's continue to be afterthoughts imo as far as ios is concerned.

That's the key to giving the iPads more momentum. The software has to get better. App Store policies need to change.

Perhaps ios 9 is that and the first part is having an iPad Air capable of it. This current one wasn't beefed up for nothing. If so I may as well wait for the air 3. And it also may signal the mini isn't going to get as much iOS 9 love as the air and so they left the mini with the a7.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Apple paid the iPhone a lot of attention as well with iOS 8. But the iPad's continue to be afterthoughts imo as far as ios is concerned.

That's the key to giving the iPads more momentum. The software has to get better. App Store policies need to change.

Perhaps ios 9 is that and the first part is having an iPad Air capable of it. This current one wasn't beefed up for nothing. If so I may as well wait for the air 3. And it also may signal the mini isn't going to get as much iOS 9 love as the air and so they left the mini with the a7.

I think they might go all 64-bit with ios 9.

What concerns me most is there was no update to the iPod touch, it makes me think apple is killing the iPod lineup with the apple watch.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk