How to block and report iMessage spam to Apple

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
spam_imessage_iphone_5s_hero.jpg

There's reportedly been a recent increase in iMessage spam. Since iMessage works like carrier SMS/MMS, and not like social networks where you have to request/accept contacts, anyone with your phone number or email address can send to you. Since there's a desktop iMessage for Mac, it's more convenient than SMS/MMS to send as well. And, well, some human beings simply suck. Fortunately, you can block any number or address that sends you spam, and you can report their iMessages straight to Apple. It takes a few steps, but rage makes them easy to get through!

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been hit hard with message SPAM and SPAM-related phone calls within this past week. UGH!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
One of the many reasons why I love my iPhone is that I can just block the spam text messages and all contact from the blocked number is forbidden. It's a shame there isn't a way to block by SMS content though, like there is in certain Android apps.

The issue with those Android apps is that you have to use their app as your default SMS app in order to block the content. As those apps are first and foremost a blocking app, their SMS interface is usually clunky, ugly and just suboptimal compared to the many pure SMS apps out there.