DirecTV NFL SundayTicket.TV on iPhone, iPad, Mac requires no satellite dish

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
DirecTV_NFL_Sunday_iPhone.JPG

In a bold move supporting cord cutters, satellite provider DirecTV is allowing users to stream NFL Sunday Ticket games to their personal devices without requiring a satellite dish in the process. Streaming will work on compatible Android phones and tablets, iPhone and iPad, Macs and PCs, as well as Microsoft's Xbox gaming console depending on the package you sign up for.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

smack518

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide which package to subscribe to for this (I am in an authorized area). The Max package is right out (phone, tablet, console, PC). I'm deciding between the console and the digital package. I have a PS3 connected through my AVR to a 55 inch plasma, which would be the device I would use with the console package. However with that package I'm obviously losing the mobile aspects (iPhone and iPad), also I have the MLB package and have found it works MUCH better on my AppleTV (also connected to same AVR and TV) that the PS3 app (which regularly gets pixelated, even though I have strong wi-fi and plenty of bandwith).

So I'm also considering the Digital package and using the TV above as a 2nd display for my late 2013 iMac. I'm wondering if 1. This will even be permitted (ie if the relocation is blocked), and 2. If the video quality would be better or worse than the PS3. If the video quality is better on the PS3 I would just rather go that way, as the mobile aspects are less important to me. I've never used the 2nd display functionality for video, always just used my appletv to stream iTunes content if I wanted video.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner