Segmenting based on storage ? or why a 32GB iPhone costs $100 more

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Body:
princess_bride_iphone_capacities.jpg

Apple's updated iPod touch lineup separates 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacity models by $50 price increments. That's new for Apple in the iOS device lineup. Previously for the iPod touch, and still for the iPhone and iPad, capacity models are separated by $100 price increments. There are some other factors, like iPhone 5c vs. iPhone 5s pricing, or iPad Air vs. Retina iPad mini pricing, or iPad Wi-Fi vs. iPad cellular pricing. However, for the most part, Apple chooses to segment devices by capacity. So, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple has always charged excessively for storage space. Their RAM prices are ridiculous too, though not as bad now as they have been in the past IMO. I understand that the type of flash storage they use in their devices is still relatively expensive but it'd be nice to see price cuts from time to time as those storage costs go down. But whatever, I don't feel like I overpaid for my Air considering how much I use it in my daily life.

That's why Apple can get away with some of their hardware prices. The software is just that enjoyable to use. It's why I always say "Apple is a complete package" and if you don't want to use the software, or the hardware it is optimized for, it's not worth getting into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox