Sprint begins throttling users in congested areas

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

sprint-store-logo-window.JPG

Despite what the "unlimited" plan might make you think, Sprint is exercising their right to throttle back on users they've deemed as using too much data. Heavy use contract customers on Sprint, as well as prepaid customers on Sprint-based MVNOs Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA, have been hit with warnings that starting next month Sprint will be engaging in "prioritization management" in congested areas.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I thought, "Great.". More reasons for our customers to feel cheated even if they aren't in the top 5%.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm on sprint for the whole idea of unlimited data but in my area they lack 4G and seems like that everywhere I go. They can throttle my data and they will see me move over carriers.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a long talk with a sprint Rep last week about my LTE they told me 3 to 6 months for Tower optimization so toggle off my LTE till I get a text from them now you want to throttle me back

13 years and this is where I'm at my contract ends in November so time will tell what I'm gonna end up doing

I like Sprint but I can only take so much abuse

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a long talk with a sprint Rep last week about my LTE they told me 3 to 6 months for Tower optimization so toggle off my LTE till I get a text from them now you want to throttle me back

13 years and this is where I'm at my contract ends in November so time will tell what I'm gonna end up doing

I like Sprint but I can only take so much abuse

Imagine being a customer and employee of their subsidiaries.

It's painful.

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that's right. If they're forcing you to use their network, they should pay.

Trust me, once I'm done with college...

A lot of companies don't take care of their employees. They want to pay as little as possible. No healthcare, no bonuses, no perks, no tuition assistance, no 401k.. Nada.

Long hours on salary so no overtime...

Then they wonder why we aren't being productive enough?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, once I'm done with college...

A lot of companies don't take care of their employees. They want to pay as little as possible. No healthcare, no bonuses, no perks, no tuition assistance, no 401k.. Nada.

Long hours on salary so no overtime...

Then they wonder why we aren't being productive enough?

That sucks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner