Are all iPad apps compatible with iPad mini?

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Can we safely assume everything that worked on iPad will work on iPad mini?
I sold my Ipad 4 retina recently and consider buying iPad mini now for my son, and want to make sure that I can get all the games, educational apps, etc on iPad mini before I make a $300 mistake.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would be pretty certain and the developers optimize for iPad and even though screen size differs it might be a good idea to ask in a tech ticket to a developer if they are compatible or you might find something on Apple. Good luck. I would like to know myself since I have a mini Retina.

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
They are perfectly compatible. Screen sizes may be different but they have an identical resolution.
The only issue is if you get the original iPad mini (vs the retina mini) it may have trouble with graphics intensive games because the original mini has the same processor as the iPad 2. But for most things the original mini is fine. My kids have them and don't have any problems.

That's great to know, good info about the processor.
Was it ever an issue for you? My son is just a toddler so he won't mind the lower processing power because most of the stuff he plays will not be graphic intensive. Also my understanding is that most new games adjust resolution on the fly for example angry birds go look amazing on my LG G2 but it looked pixelated however ran just fine on my nephew's Tab 2.0 7.

I was going to get Galaxy Tab 3.0 7" but looking at the app selection with app store, I think Ipad mini might be a better option, what do you think? Especially since you have kids using tablets. My 3 year old (soon to be 4) has been asking us for an upgrade from Playbook for a while now, because he wants to play with elmo and thomas and pirate jake, etc.. I got him leapfrog so he could play those but games cost $20. I spend $80 on day 1 and I only paid $50 for the leapfrog2.

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My kids are 6 and 10 and have had the original minis since they came out a year and a half ago. I haven't noticed any problems they've had with the games they play. They may launch a bit slower than the same game would on my iPad Air but game play itself is fine. An original mini would be just fine for a toddler and the AppStore has lots of good apps targeted at those ages.

Thanks again, I will try to pick up one soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods