How tell if the shift key is lower case, Upper Case, or CAPS LOCK in iOS 7.1

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

One of the more subtle yet potentially frustrating changes in iOS 7.1 is how the state of the shift key is displayed. Not only isn't it intuitively obvious which state the shift key is in ?*lowercase, Upper Case, or CAPS LOCK ? but it can be downright counter-intuitive to the point that you find yourself uncertain and guessing wrong more often than not. Granted, it could be a lot worse but it could also be a lot better. If you've installed iOS 7.1 and you're having trouble figuring out the shift key on your iPhone or iPad, here's a quick reference. (Share it with your friends. All your friends.)

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At first, the new shift key threw me off a bit, but that lasted for about a minute...:)...I actually like the new look of the keyboard.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
[url]http://www.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/620w620h/public/field/image/2014/03/ios_71_shift_key_state_hero.jpg?itok=7EPPD5U5[/URL]

One of the more subtle yet potentially frustrating changes in iOS 7.1 is how the state of the shift key is displayed. Not only isn't it intuitively obvious which state the shift key is in ?*lowercase, Upper Case, or CAPS LOCK ? but it can be downright counter-intuitive to the point that you find yourself uncertain and guessing wrong more often than not. Granted, it could be a lot worse but it could also be a lot better. If you've installed iOS 7.1 and you're having trouble figuring out the shift key on your iPhone or iPad, here's a quick reference. (Share it with your friends. All your friends.)

Full story from the iMore Blog...

I think it's simple. Black arrow is uppercase, white arrow is lower case, DOUBLE TAP white arrow and you get CAP LOCKS. Tap it again it goes back to lower case. Pretty simple IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2