SwiftKey, Android's favorite keyboard, finally comes to iOS ? as SwiftKey Note!

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey Note brings the power and precision of one of the worlds best virtual keyboards, along with the convenience of Evernote sync, to the iPhone and the iPad for the first time. SwiftKey is an incredibly intelligent virtual keyboard that's been winning fans on Android ? and getting embedded into devices ? for years. Since Apple doesn't allow third party keyboards out of apps, SwiftKey had to take their technology inside. So, why a note-taking app?
Free - [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swiftkey-note/id773299901?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Download now[/URL]

Full story from the iMore Blog...

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Awesome keyboard, used it on android for a few years but kind or pointless for just one app in my opinion.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Awesome keyboard, used it on android for a few years but kind or pointless for just one app in my opinion.

I've heard great things about the keyboard. But you're right why use it for one app.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the app and I'm really liking it. The familiar text predictability is indeed present and working quite well. As of right now, it is a keeper and may replace the native notes app on my homescreen. I am not giving it access to my Evernote account, at least not now. The Drafts app is set up for that purpose. Anyway, I'm glad the developers made an iOS app for us to enjoy...:)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I also downloaded SwiftKey Note and so far its a keeper. I needed a good notekeeping app and this works for me

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Posted this in the comments, but wanted to add it here for discussion. I honestly hope that this happens...

If this is developed into a full API, i could definitely see developers offering swiftkey as an option in other 3rd party apps (like what Fleksy is trying to do). Once enough apps start offering swiftkey as an option, you won't be limited to a single app for using the improved keyboard, but rather a broad range of apps that all incorporate Swiftkey. If it gains enough traction, perhaps it could persuade Apple to look into system-wide keyboard replacements. Just from using Swiftkey note for a few minutes, the keyboard feels much higher quality than some of the other 3rd party options out there.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I wish apple would allow third party keyboards outside of just the apps. Giving users options for keyboards is not going to detract from the user experience and may actually make it better for many.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Giving users options for keyboards is not going to detract from the user experience and may actually make it better for many.

Up until today I would have disagreed with this part. I've never really seen a "good" implementation of a 3rd party keyboard in iOS.

With Swiftkey though, that's changed. I think the implementation is fantastic and would definitely not detract from the user experience.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner