Why we fear Google

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Companies are predators, like wolves or wildcats or snakes; it's their nature to bite, and we know that when we pick up their products and services. I don't mean that to sound overly dramatic. Just like when I riff on "any company sufficiently large is indistinguishable from evil", whether it's about Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook or any such company, it's a reminder to myself, and hopefully others, that while we can love the products and services these companies provide for us, we have to respect that they are companies, and balance our love and trust with a healthy amount of skepticism... and fear. It's human nature. It's what's kept us alive for thousands of generations. We are, still, those tribal creatures, wary of what's different, and new, and what shakes the world outside. It's why we get antsy in the dark, and why the internet projects collective angst when Google buys Nest.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry could have so many patents that Apple could use to dominate the market..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't call it fear, but a healthy competition, which in my opinion is a good thing. It allows company's to continue the challenge to improve

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry could have so many patents that Apple could use to dominate the market..

And why would you want them to dominate the market?

No one should want them to dominate the market, they would get complacent and not innovate and it would suck for the consumers.

Sure we don't want to end up like blackberry and it's good for them to have their healthy share but not to dominate the market.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Who wouldn't want Apple to come out on top?

I like apple and want them to do well but I don't want them to dominate like you said.

I like choice and competition and everyone else should want that too.

As you put it if they has total domination it would be bad for everyone eventually.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I read the article early and found it to be on-point. It was definitely well-written, in my opinion...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative