MacBook Air 11-inch vs. 13-inch: Which ultralight laptop should you get?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've used both the 11 & 13 and it's probably just because of the kind of user I am but they didn't offer me the true laptop feel. I guess I get the whole ultralight thing and for some people that weight means everything. Size to me always wins the game so in this case the 13 would be my choice because you get the lightness and still don't lose out on the size. Typing on the tiny little keyboard of the 11 just wasn't my cup of tea.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I've said on numerous occasion that the 13" model, at least in my opinion, is the best all around size for a laptop, no matter who manufactures it.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
11" is great for plane rides and...not much else. I love my 11" chromebook but that's a chromebook. I couldn't imagine doing serious lifting on an 11" screen. If you're a heavy traveler with lots of carry - ons though I imagine the smaller form factor is essential.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I looked at both this past summer and ended up getting a 13" with 256gb storage, 8gb ram, and the i7. The SD card slot was important to have, and it was going to spend a good portion of time on my desk replacing my old PC so size trumped ultimate portability. I found using the 11" too...netbooky...for lack of a better word, even though it outperforms even the best of that class of notebook.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro