Why Carl Icahn is stalking AAPL stock

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Last week CNBC ran a story about billionaire investor Carl Icahn having a ?good conversation? with Tim Cook. Icahn says they both agree that Apple stock is undervalued, and that Apple is still studying Icahn?s proposal for a $150 billion stock buyback. Icahn has made it pretty clear to Cook that he isn?t going away. So, why is that exactly?

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I said it already and I'll say it again Carl Icahn is a billionaire. So whatever happens to Apple is certainly not going to change his life very much. If the stock goes up and then the company tumbles he will still remain a billionaire or at worst he'll become a high value millionaire. As a billionaire he's probably used to risk and if the reward is great then that is probably all he sees. However as a company that was once on the brink I think Apple is smart enough not to take on huge amounts of debt. I just don't get it I see the Twitter IPO, snapchat being offered 3 billion, I can't remember which other tech startup I saw with a $4 billion valuation. The problem for me is none of them generate revenue so why are they valued so highly? Perhaps I'm just scared by the pie in the sky attitude like what was present before the dot com bubble burst but damn it's a lot of money floating around for unproven promises.