Mass delete in imessage attachments

Katka Kalinova

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i am not able to select in IOS 13 more photos or attachments in Imessage. It is possible to delete it one by one. Only one possibility is in settings - large attachments, but this is only for big ones.

Do you have any idea how to do it?

Thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Mass delete was removed a while ago. I think it was with the first beta of iOS 13.
It’s a nuisance for sure, but meh, I just delete the entire thread from my messages list to clear all photos quickly.
If it was worth saving, I already have it saved. And the stuff that’s been written in messages aren’t important to save for an extended time anyway, in my use case.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Mass delete was removed a while ago. I think it was with the first beta of iOS 13.
It’s a nuisance for sure, but meh, I just delete the entire thread from my messages list to clear all photos quickly.
If it was worth saving, I already have it saved. And the stuff that’s been written in messages aren’t important to save for an extended time anyway, in my use case.

Well, that's certainly one way to do it!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello there, @Katka Kalinova. Welcome to iMore.

Are you wanting to delete multiple images from a single iMessage? If so here's what I did and it worked.

I went to a message with a friend yesterday that had some camera lens photos. Two photos to be exact.

When I touch and hold on the first image, I get this:

IMG_0299.PNG

I have the option to like/dislike/etc the image at the top, but them I also have a menu at the bottom. If I select More, I get this:

IMG_0300.PNG

I now have the option to select both photos from the message, then click the trash can icon, confirm you want to delete both photos from the message, and POOF the images are gone but the message is still there.

Hope this helps. If it did, please like this reply.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR