Read Receipts Acting up

Ph6bia

Aug 24, 2019
Visit site
I just bought the iphone xs max and the read receipts are not working. When i send a message and the person reads it, it just says delivered. Thats for all of my contacts with iphones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the iphone xs max and the read receipts are not working. When i send a message and the person reads it, it just says delivered. Thats for all of my contacts with iphones.

That’s because the recipient has to have read receipts enabled on his or her iPhone.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Does not appear to be working on my XS,and I know it used to show up, I have just looked at this gen 5 iPad and it asked me if I wanted to show read receipts, so said yes, will see what transpires, This was definitely turned on in the past ?!
Also the “delivered” notice is only appearing sporadically.
Not that I pay much attention to such things...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does not appear to be working on my XS,and I know it used to show up, I have just looked at this gen 5 iPad and it asked me if I wanted to show read receipts, so said yes, will see what transpires, This was definitely turned on in the past ?!
Also the “delivered” notice is only appearing sporadically.
Not that I pay much attention to such things...

You won't see your own. You'll see the other persons, if they have theirs turned on. They will see yours.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73