Signing to unknown phone.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Received a note from Apple letting me know that someone used my ID to sign onto iMessage. “was used to sign in to iMessage on an iPhone 5 named “iPhone”.

How could someone use my ID to do this without even knowing my password?

Do you think that apple made this up in order for me to use 2 step authorization?

No biggie that someone did this just to send someone a note.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Gosh, that's really disconcerting! I can't imagine that Apple would do something like that. Is there any possibility that someone you know has your password? Either way, I would change your password just in case, and 2FA is a good idea too!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Received a note from Apple letting me know that someone used my ID to sign onto iMessage. “was used to sign in to iMessage on an iPhone 5 named “iPhone”.
How could someone use my ID to do this without even knowing my password?

Oh it's very possible. Password crack programs are all over the place.

Do you think that apple made this up in order for me to use 2 step authorization?

Not at all. However, Apple has made some services and features only available to those who have enabled 2FA. While I really don't want to believe Apple would do that just to scare you into enabling 2FA, based on some of the things I've read recently about them, it wouldn't surprise me if they did it.

No biggie that someone did this just to send someone a note.

Do I understand that you don't think it's a big deal if someone is using your iCloud account?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Gosh, that's really disconcerting! I can't imagine that Apple would do something like that. Is there any possibility that someone you know has your password? Either way, I would change your password just in case, and 2FA is a good idea too!

Changed the password right after I saw the email. So no harm done.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Oh it's very possible. Password crack programs are all over the place.

Not at all. However, Apple has made some services and features only available to those who have enabled 2FA. While I really don't want to believe Apple would do that just to scare you into enabling 2FA, based on some of the things I've read recently about them, it wouldn't surprise me if they did it.

Do I understand that you don't think it's a big deal if someone is using your iCloud account?

No this was just to use iMessage. Changed password though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77