Home iMore Q&A > iMessage

iMessage activation notification between iPhone and iPad.

Asked: Aug 19 2018 | 4:08 am EDT 1665 Views 4 Answers

I have iMessage set up on my iphone and iPad. I sometimes deactivate the iMessage on my iPad when my children are using it. When i reactivate it on the iPad should I get a message on my iPhone saying it’s been reactivated? I’m concerned they may reactivate it Without my knowing.

More Answers

Aug 19 2018 | 4:48 am EDT Tartarus

I have iMessage set up on my iphone and iPad. I sometimes deactivate the iMessage on my iPad when my children are using it. When i reactivate it on the iPad should I get a message on my iPhone saying it’s been reactivated? I’m concerned they may reactivate it Without my knowing.
If you want iMessage disabled for your phone number but enabled for the emails, there is an easy way to check that.
Go to Settings > Messages on the iPhone and see if your phone number is listed under send and receive.
Aug 19 2018 | 5:15 am EDT scattered8

Thanks for the reply. My phone number and email are activated for iMessage. What I’m trying to find out is when iMessage is reactivated on the iPad, will a notification appear on the iPhone to say it has happened.
Thanks
Aug 19 2018 | 5:20 am EDT Tartarus

Thanks for the reply. My phone number and email are activated for iMessage. What I’m trying to find out is when iMessage is reactivated on the iPad, will a notification appear on the iPhone to say it has happened.
Thanks
You should try it out and see for yourself. That’s the most secure and easiest way to know for sure.
I can’t answer this question because I don’t have an iPad or a second iPhone.
Aug 19 2018 | 5:30 am EDT Spencerdl

I don't recall seeing a message on my iPhone telling me that iMessage has been reactivated on my iPad. I don't want to try either in fear of loosing my messages ...LOL. As Tartarus stated, just try it yourself and see what happens and then let us know...LOL.