I have iMessage set up on my iphone and iPad. I sometimes deactivate the iMessage on my iPad when my children are using it. When i reactivate it on the iPad should I get a message on my iPhone saying it’s been reactivated? I’m concerned they may reactivate it Without my knowing.
    08-19-2018 04:08 AM
    I have iMessage set up on my iphone and iPad. I sometimes deactivate the iMessage on my iPad when my children are using it. When i reactivate it on the iPad should I get a message on my iPhone saying it’s been reactivated? I’m concerned they may reactivate it Without my knowing.
    If you want iMessage disabled for your phone number but enabled for the emails, there is an easy way to check that.
    Go to Settings > Messages on the iPhone and see if your phone number is listed under send and receive.
    08-19-2018 04:48 AM
    Thanks for the reply. My phone number and email are activated for iMessage. What I’m trying to find out is when iMessage is reactivated on the iPad, will a notification appear on the iPhone to say it has happened.
    Thanks
    08-19-2018 05:15 AM
    Thanks for the reply. My phone number and email are activated for iMessage. What I’m trying to find out is when iMessage is reactivated on the iPad, will a notification appear on the iPhone to say it has happened.
    Thanks
    You should try it out and see for yourself. That’s the most secure and easiest way to know for sure.
    I can’t answer this question because I don’t have an iPad or a second iPhone.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-19-2018 05:20 AM
    I don't recall seeing a message on my iPhone telling me that iMessage has been reactivated on my iPad. I don't want to try either in fear of loosing my messages ...LOL. As Tartarus stated, just try it yourself and see what happens and then let us know...LOL.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-19-2018 05:30 AM