Hi, I hope someone can shed some light. As of last week my iphone is suddenly not receiving all my imessages, yet my ipad is. It's an intermittant problem - some imessages sometimes do come in on the phone then others don't, yet they all come in on my ipad consistently. I've done all the suggested fixes, signing in and out of my apple ID, turning imessage/facetime/devices on and off etc, but still today i find a message on my ipad that's not on my phone. It's not the end of the world, but it is very annoying as its my daily means of communication between myself and my 86 year old Mum on the other side of the world. Is anyone else having similar issues? I would add my iphone is coming up for 3 years old, although its upgraded to the latest software. I do however have an inkling its this latest upgrade that has caused the problem not having had any issues before.
    04-25-2018 09:32 PM
    Hello Shelley, and welcome to iMore!

I was having a similar issue 2 weeks ago, and after fiddling with it for a bit I ended up resetting the network setting and that seemed to help. You can find the setting under Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. (You'll need to re-add your WiFi password(s) afterwards).

If that does not work then create an iCloud backup by going in to Settings > Tap on your name up top > iCloud > iCloud Backup. Then factory reset the device. Set the phone up as new but do not restore from backup (yet). Use the phone for a day or two to ensure that you are getting all of your text messages. If everything is working fine then restore from your backup. If not, first try your ISP and see if they can help you troubleshoot. If they cannot help you, make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.
    04-26-2018 09:17 AM
    Hello Sherry, many thanks for your welcome and taking the time to help. I did a reset network but I will do it again, I'm kind of hoping I can avoid a factory reset, but thank you for suggesting it. I'm in Japan and sadly not fluent, so unable to talk to my ISP, but there is some consolation in knowing that it was happening to you as well and I thank you for your shared advice.
    04-26-2018 10:20 PM
    Hello Sherry, many thanks for your welcome and taking the time to help. I did a reset network but I will do it again, I'm kind of hoping I can avoid a factory reset, but thank you for suggesting it. I'm in Japan and sadly not fluent, so unable to talk to my ISP, but there is some consolation in knowing that it was happening to you as well and I thank you for your shared advice.
    Another thing you can check is go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive on both devices and make sure the proper email addresses/phone numbers are selected. For example, if on your iPhone you only have your phone number selected, but somebody uses your email address to send the iMessage it won't show up on your iPhone.
    04-27-2018 09:05 AM