I have been having problems with receiving SMS messages exclusively from friends with iPhones. I have a Google Pixel 2XL on AT&T. This is happening with three separate people with three unique problems:

1. From this person, occasionally, a series of texts within a short period never are received. He is on Verizon with an iPhone 6S.

2. From this person, occasionally, I will get a text 3 to 10 days after it is sent. She is on AT&T with an iPhone 7.

3. From this person, occasionally, I will get a text where a current text has been "grafted" onto an old text that I never received from her from days before. I get a text that is a combination of the two texts. She is on AT&T with an iPhone 5C.

Any help?
    03-27-2018 07:29 AM
    All those people have to do is make sure that “Send as SMS” and “MMS Messaging” is enabled in the Message Settings. I frequently send and receive SMS messages from people with non-Apple devices without any problems whatsoever.
    03-27-2018 07:35 AM
    Thanks - all three of these people have those settings as suggested and the problems persist.

Each also has performed a hard reset and reset their network settings and the problems persist.
    03-27-2018 09:41 AM
    Thanks - all three of these people have those settings as suggested and the problems persist.

Each also has performed a hard reset and reset their network settings and the problems persist.
    Have they tried getting their SIM card replaced?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-27-2018 04:59 PM
    Welcome to iMore

Sorry to hear about your issues

I see you haven’t mentioned that you spoke with your provider as they have a role to play in this
    03-28-2018 02:57 PM