We were given a 5c and I’ve restore from the mini and she takes but we don’t have a sim for it yet. I’m going to put it on a prepaid. I thought I was able to msg without a sim when I was transitioning phones. I can’t seem to get it going. I popped my sim in to get it restored an all. And I’ve popped it back in to try to get iMessage going but no success. TIA!
    11-13-2017 01:14 AM
    As long as you have WiFi and someone else using iMessage on an Apple device sends/can receive a text you can use iMessage. Try resetting iMessage (turn it off and then back on). If that fails try resetting network settings from inside the phones settings.
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    11-13-2017 03:07 AM
    As long as you have WiFi and someone else using iMessage on an Apple device sends/can receive a text you can use iMessage. Try resetting iMessage (turn it off and then back on). If that fails try resetting network settings from inside the phones settings.
    Yeah it’s on wifi....she was using her mini on wifi and I my iPhone. (I have a sim) I figured she could use the phone on wifi as well. When I got her service, I was not planning to get a data package. I have toggled and untoggled messages and I did reset my network settings. I did see that advised somewhere and I had to remember my web dev hubs convoluted network password that is I have saved!
    11-13-2017 06:11 AM
    Is there no more thanking? I hadn’t been here in a while.
    11-13-2017 06:12 AM
    Yeah it’s on wifi....she was using her mini on wifi and I my iPhone. (I have a sim) I figured she could use the phone on wifi as well. When I got her service, I was not planning to get a data package. I have toggled and untoggled messages and I did reset my network settings. I did see that advised somewhere and I had to remember my web dev hubs convoluted network password that is I have saved!
    Did you reset your home network in your house, or did you go into your daughters phone settings and reset the network settings in there? I meant the latter.... my apologies if there's any confusion or misunderstanding. If that's what you did, then the only option I can think of that's left is to completely factory reset the phone. If that still doesn't allow iMessage to work, I would consider either a new (or refurbished from Apple) phone or take it in to your local Apple store where they can better assist you.

What did you mean by thanking? If you meant the Like feature... if you're on a computer/laptop on the bottom right of the post there is a little Heart icon that you can click. If you're using an app to visit the forums, I think you tap on the post for options. (I visit from a computer 99% of the time).
    11-13-2017 07:40 PM
    If you’re going to use iMessage via Wi-Fi and without a SIM card, make sure she is using her Apple ID to send and receive iMessages. In the Message settings, via the Send & Receive option, make sure her Apple ID is checked.
    11-13-2017 08:11 PM
    Did you reset your home network in your house, or did you go into your daughters phone settings and reset the network settings in there? I meant the latter.... my apologies if there's any confusion or misunderstanding. If that's what you did, then the only option I can think of that's left is to completely factory reset the phone. If that still doesn't allow iMessage to work, I would consider either a new (or refurbished from Apple) phone or take it in to your local Apple store where they can better assist you.

What did you mean by thanking? If you meant the Like feature... if you're on a computer/laptop on the bottom right of the post there is a little Heart icon that you can click. If you're using an app to visit the forums, I think you tap on the post for options. (I visit from a computer 99% of the time).
    I reset from her phone and then I had to remember our network password that hubs already put in! 🤦🏽*♀️

You used to be able to thank & like maybe? I don’t come around like I used to. I can do without snark. I’ll just like but I did like thank. So thanks!
    Sherry_B likes this.
    11-14-2017 11:00 AM
    I reset from her phone and then I had to remember our network password that hubs already put in! ������������*♀️

You used to be able to thank & like maybe? I don’t come around like I used to. I can do without snark. I’ll just like but I did like thank. So thanks!
    On behalf of Sherry_B, you're very welcome...
    11-14-2017 07:04 PM
    So must have toggled off messages and left it. I had it on and off. I got waiting for activation. I read it could take some time. I toggled it on earlier today and just looked at her phone and what do you know! I guess it’s all ready to go! Gotta get her prepaid all set up! Thanks everyone! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving those that aren’t in Canada that is!
    Sherry_B likes this.
    11-14-2017 10:21 PM
    So must have toggled off messages and left it. I had it on and off. I got waiting for activation. I read it could take some time. I toggled it on earlier today and just looked at her phone and what do you know! I guess it’s all ready to go! Gotta get her prepaid all set up! Thanks everyone! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving those that aren’t in Canada that is!
    You can still "like" a post. It shows online, but not in TapaTalk or the iMore forums app. It's broken. They did away with "thanks" a while back.
    11-15-2017 12:47 AM
    I can do without snark.
    Snark? Sometimes I hate that you cannot see the other persons body language and face when you're talking to them online.... no snark on my end.

Woohoo, that's awesome! So glad you got it all working. Happy Holidays to you as well!
    11-15-2017 03:37 AM
    You can still "like" a post. It shows online, but not in TapaTalk or the iMore forums app. It's broken. They did away with "thanks" a while back.
    I’m on the app. I can like. Awwww.....I like thanking.
    11-16-2017 12:10 AM
    Snark? Sometimes I hate that you cannot see the other persons body language and face when you're talking to them online.... no snark on my end.

Woohoo, that's awesome! So glad you got it all working. Happy Holidays to you as well!
    Nooooo.....not you snarky! Some in the past. I’m teaching my teen now not to be a cyber bully.

Yes! I was thrilled to see it go through! And the last thing I needed was to add it to FmP. I’m checking out plans to get her some service.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    11-16-2017 12:13 AM
    I’m on the app. I can like. Awwww.....I like thanking.
    "likes" don't show on the apps. They do when you first do it, but then they disappear. Do you see any "likes" on any posts at all?
    11-16-2017 09:22 AM
    "likes" don't show on the apps. They do when you first do it, but then they disappear. Do you see any "likes" on any posts at all?
    Oh yeah....you’re right!
    11-16-2017 09:25 AM