Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use another IM app

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm really curious, do you use iMessage or not?
I ask this, since I change devices often, and I don't like being tied to a device for a feature or service. Another reason I hated when BBM wasn't available on multiple platforms. But, I digress...

So, iMessage or not?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
True. Albeit, when you initially do, those sending you messages via iMessage suffer slightly with failures, till the network understands the switch.
And sometimes, it takes a while to update (in my past experience)...

you can always turn it off again before you switch?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm really curious, do you use iMessage or not?
I ask this, since I change devices often, and I don't like being tied to a device for a feature or service. Another reason I hated when BBM wasn't available on multiple platforms. But, I digress...

So, iMessage or not?

I use the iMessage app all day, every day. It's an indispensable app on my iPhone, but not because it's "iMessage", but because it's native to the device and meet or exceeds all of my messaging expectations and needs.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
...and more than likely, no intention to switch OS, anytime soon?

No intention. But in the past when I've used Android I have made sure to not only turn off iMessage but to actually sign completely out of it in the "Send & Receive" section of the Message settings. I think skipping the signing out portion of that is the mistake people make which ultimately ends up in problems for themselves.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I use iMessage constantly and for my acquaintances that do not have an iPhone it's regular text with the green "bubble".

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I too love iMessage because the people I communicate with most have iMessage as well. Had that not been the case, I could likely make it with standard SMS. But alas, I do not have to!

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I used to use iMessage exclusively but when my wife started having trouble receiving messages we switched to WHATSAPP, and I actually like it much better. And whatsapp started having end/to-end encryption too

I still use iMessage to communicate to everyone else besides my wife 😀

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use iMessage as my default messaging app. I use Facebook Messenger a little, but not much. Slack for MobileNations stuff. The new iMessage app stuff makes iMessage more fun. And I thought it would be silly and wouldn't use it. Wrong!

Hobson123

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I have both an android and iPhone and I prefer iMessage but now quite a lot of people are using WhatsApp, it's easier for people who have many contacts with cross platform devices.

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
iMessage is what keeps me coming back to iOS. I normally get every new Android Flagship device but haven't bothered since the Galaxy S7 Edge. Too many people use iMessage and I don't want to be the "green bubble" of the group

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2