Restoring text messages to iPhone that appear on Mac

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

I have lost the entirety of a text conversation on my iphone due to me trying to delete a few messages that hadn't sent and stupidly pressing the 'delete conversation' button instead.

However, the conversation still appears in iMessage on my Mac. This whole conversation has happened since my last backup as I got a new iPhone 7 plus and as it was a different phone, and set up as new, my backup preferences were changed from the ones I had on my 6 and I forgot to set them back. Lesson learned there.

So if the conversation still appears on iMessages on my Mac, how can I get it back onto iMessage my iPhone please? I honestly have no idea.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I'm not sure, but you can try signing out of iMessage & FaceTime, rebooting your iPhone and then signing back in to see if the conversations will sync to it.

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Leave the conversation on the mac. Start a new conversation with that person on iPhone. When they reply, you reply back but in the conversation on your mac. That conversation may reappear on the iPhone after your mac reply. If not try replying on iPhone.

I have had conversations reappear but I don't recall exactly because I wasn't trying it just happened. And I think it was the order above.

Worth a shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh