iMessage Activation Unsuccessful, How Can I Get It Working?

I

iMore Question

Imessage Activation Unsuccessful

I have had my iphone 6 since its launch (october 2014) and have recently had issues with Imessage.

Most recently, i have been able to only send imessages with my Apple ID (my @icloud account). This has happened before and i have only had to go in and check mark my phone number to have it send from there. I am able to click but it will not select my phone number as an option to send an imessage or receive an imessage at.

Error message says "Activation Unsuccessful. Turn on Imessage to try again"

Solutions i have tried with no success:
- login and logout
- date and time automatically set
- airplane mode activation
- apple tech support
- called my carrier to make sure everything was good there
- completely wipe settings and restore from icloud

Are there any other options out there

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Imessage Activation Unsuccessful

Welcome to iMore!!

Sorry that you are having issues activating iMessage. Have you checked your settings to make sure that SMS Messaging is turned on? This is needed in order to have iMessage use your mobile number.

I know you've said that you've contacted Apple Support, but I found an article that you can go over just in case you've missed any steps.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

mtbraun11

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Imessage Activation Unsuccessful

Thank you for the response.

Yes, SMS is selected.

The issue is when I go into "Send & Receive". It allows me to select my email as a form of contact for iMessage AND my phone number is listed as an option, however it will not let me select my phone number as a way to use iMessage.

A little confusing but any info you have would be great!

If this matters, there are legitimately 10 other people I know that are having this same issue and they all started on or around last Thursday.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen