Holiday iMessages

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
For years, when my neighbour/best mate has gone on holiday with her family we have found the easiest way to keep in touch to be email. Both with different makes of phone, both with different messaging apps. She didn't like my BBM and I didn't like her Whatsapp. And so email it has always been....data costs only as they go abroad.

The other evening on the phone, we were discussing this and it finally struck me I have iMessage. And both her sons have iPhones. How easy it will be this year for me to report on their empty house security, for her to let me know they have arrived safely. No messing around with emails and waiting for delivery, just the equivalent of a simple text, an iMessage that will still cost us nothing. :yes:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, iMessage is a great way to communicate. Even with those on vacation abroad. There's no charge to iMessage or Facetime.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iMessage is great! Instant delivery (with a data connection) and you get the note that it was delivered, or a read receipt if they have it on.

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I've only had my iPhone 5s for a few weeks, and it was one of those 'light coming on' moments to realise we could now just easily message each other. ;)

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It fascinates me how it knows whether to send as text or iMessage. If you consider other message apps, they are specific to the app....use particular servers or whatever. But it's like a little bit of magic, in an ever increasingly disappointing world, that my little iPhone knows it's messaging another iPhone. Please, don't tell me how it knows. Leave it as magic....:)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It fascinates me how it knows whether to send as text or iMessage. If you consider other message apps, they are specific to the app....use particular servers or whatever. But it's like a little bit of magic, in an ever increasingly disappointing world, that my little iPhone knows it's messaging another iPhone. Please, don't tell me how it knows. Leave it as magic....:)

I don't know for sure but I've heard there's a team of leprechauns that turn the message bubbles blue when there are two iPhones messaging each other.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73