Selecting the recipient of a text from my Mac?

ywells

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Selecting the recipient of a text from my Mac

Hi. For my work, I keep a list of my customers in my Gmail contact list. I just switched from Android to the Iphone 6s. The contacts appear to sync just fine.

I also just started using the Messages application on my Macbook Pro to be able to text the people from my Mac, rather than have to use my phone. My problem is that the software does not seem to be able to find my contacts easily.

Because of the nature of my work, when I store a customer's name, I store the building or street that they reside in/on as part of their first name. (That's because I want all my customers sorted by building.) My list might look like this:

First name Last name
.Bld A: Tom Smith
.Oak: Leah Matson
.Main: Sue Jackson

My problem is that when I use Messages to try to send an SMS message to Tom Smith, it will not find the person if I type in Tom. It will find them if I type in Smith, though. My husband and I are on a first name basis with everyone and prefer to look them up using their first names. Some of them, we have a hard time remember their last names, so it's just easier for us to type in their name by first name.

Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

We like the "order" of our customers to be by building. When we scroll down through them, for our purposes, it's good to have them grouped by street or building. That's why we put that in as part of their first name.

Do I have a setting wrong in the Messages application that it does not seem to be able to find them by their first name.
(Though, admittedly, it sort of seems like their first name is a "middle name" to the system because the building or street appears before their first name.

Thank-you for any help!
Leila

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Selecting the recipient of a text from my Mac

While in the Messages app on your MacBook Pro, selecting the + option will display a dropdown listing of your contacts.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-17_at_10_43_55_AM.png

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen