I had an interesting thing happen the other day.... My wife sent her mother an iMessage. Her mother received the message, but it appeared as though it came from MY fathers phone number. All parties use iPhones, but all have separate Apple ID's. The only connection is that my fathers phone is on our phone account. The message was sent and received as an iMessage. Any ideas? The only thing I can find about this is where people have shared an Apple ID, but that's not the case in this situation.
    08-26-2015 04:44 PM
    1. Your wife sent the iMessage from your dad's iPhone.
    2. The number associated with the iMessage is listed as your dad's in the recipient's contact list.
    3. If the iMessage was sent via cellular data, it's possible that something got crossed up via your service provider, especially if it has only happened this one particular time.
    08-26-2015 06:57 PM
    1. Your wife sent the iMessage from your dad's iPhone.
    2. The number associated with the iMessage is listed as your dad's in the recipient's contact list.
    3. If the iMessage was sent via cellular data, it's possible that something got crossed up via your service provider, especially if it has only happened this one particular time.
    Negative to 1 & 2. #3 is a possibility, because she was on LTE when she sent the message.... If it was an SMS, I would say that was definitely what happened......but this was an iMessage, which makes me scratch my even more.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-26-2015 09:06 PM
    Negative to 1 & 2. #3 is a possibility, because she was on LTE when she sent the message.... If it was an SMS, I would say that was definitely what happened......but this was an iMessage, which makes me scratch my even more.
    Yeah, you might want to chalk that up as a freak glitch or something...
    08-26-2015 09:14 PM