Why can't I open the message app on my iPhone 5?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why can't I open the message app on my iPhone 5

Does anyone know whether this is the bug? Since you're saying its not, do you have info that has not been posted here? I ask because a member is searching for guidance but he has not yet resurfaced and now you are saying that this has nothing to do with the "Known" issue? I wonder, Is it the bug? does anyone have the true facts?
And this is exactly why you start with the first steps to trouble shooting ... never assume anything ...
Here's another statement of mine for you to take out of context ... "Don't act like you know the solution, until you actually know the solution"...

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

And this is exactly why you start with the first steps to trouble shooting ... never assume anything ...
Here's another statement of mine for you to take out of context ... "Don't act like you know the solution, until you actually know the solution"...

Perhaps you are just misunderstanding my meaning. I took nothing you said out of context. I troubleshoot issues at least one full day a week. In this thread there are 3 posts all eluding to the same txt app does not work issue. This has been mentioned on more than a few Apple forums in the last few days. so much so that I've also read where others are sending the txt with the symbols to their friends just to crash the app. Having that info, and doing what I do, I would start with the known issue first. Of course I also get paid on jobs completed in a day so I cant always waste time climbing the TS tree. for some problems, a tech Bulletin with a fix right on it is the answer. That's what they're there for, to save time. If one person had mentioned this issue I would agree that the TS tree is the way to go. I personally would lose a third of my income one day a week for every week I work in a year if I followed a TS tree on every call I had. Following the "Never assume anything" rule, there would be no need to print up tech bulletins, you would never have any use for it. Since companies print and send them , sometimes a great expense, I assume they have a purpose. Maybe I've been wrong all these years and if that's the case one would think i would have been figured out and busted for not knowing how to do my job.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

3rd party keyboards can also cause issues with the stock messages app.

☮

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

I bet it's from that power message everyone's been getting it's causing chaos on text messaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
My daughter sent me this text closed my phone crashed it restarted it but my phone runs fine ...
I wish I read the whole thread..
However I literally wanted to strangle my daughter lol how could she send me this text!
I deleted it after looking up online what to do and nothing else went wrong since.
Just around 3 seconds of a quick restart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Perhaps you are just misunderstanding my meaning. I took nothing you said out of context. I troubleshoot issues at least one full day a week. In this thread there are 3 posts all eluding to the same txt app does not work issue. This has been mentioned on more than a few Apple forums in the last few days. so much so that I've also read where others are sending the txt with the symbols to their friends just to crash the app. Having that info, and doing what I do, I would start with the known issue first. Of course I also get paid on jobs completed in a day so I cant always waste time climbing the TS tree. for some problems, a tech Bulletin with a fix right on it is the answer. That's what they're there for, to save time. If one person had mentioned this issue I would agree that the TS tree is the way to go. I personally would lose a third of my income one day a week for every week I work in a year if I followed a TS tree on every call I had. Following the "Never assume anything" rule, there would be no need to print up tech bulletins, you would never have any use for it. Since companies print and send them , sometimes a great expense, I assume they have a purpose. Maybe I've been wrong all these years and if that's the case one would think i would have been figured out and busted for not knowing how to do my job.

Feel Better? ... :)

EdgeRulezs

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Okay I have a solution that's worked for me!
1) Get someone to send you a msg
2) Ask Siri to read unread msgs - Siri should ask you whether you want to reply or not - say yes
3) reply with whatever you want
4) open messages << this should open now
5) delete all texts of that bugged Arabic text

Should work :)

Ba6aLeE

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Okay I have a solution that's worked for me!
1) Get someone to send you a msg
2) Ask Siri to read unread msgs - Siri should ask you whether you want to reply or not - say yes
3) reply with whatever you want
4) open messages << this should open now
5) delete all texts of that bugged Arabic text

Should work :)

You are the best, works for me.

hyperpipe

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

I had an iphone 4s after i downloaded last update, imessage never works. When you open the app its blank, rebooting, reinstalling latest IOS didn't fix the problem. Also could not make or receive calls when imessage not working. So essentially my phone was useless. Just went out and bought a new iphone, better not have any problems or next phone i buy will be an android. My husband has a samsung and he's not had a problem with it in the 3 years he's had it.

dylanbidoli

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site

I finally figured it out all you have to do is go in contacts pick a random person press send message under their name then it will open ur messages and after that u can click cancel and it will bring u into messages and it will start to work again.

Dennie_Burke

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I had that problem but only with some people. I found that somehow the "Block Messages" had gotten turned on. I could see the notification and part of the test but could not open to read the rest. Once I turned off the block, everything was okay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods