ios 8.2 imessage and facetime issue

ikky

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
After I updated my Iphone 5s to ios 8.2 if I delete a text message or the whole thread my messages freezes and when I check in settings in my messages and facetime they are all switch to off and I can't turn it back on. is anyone else having this problem that knows how to fix this? I have reinstalled the ios 8.2 again and I have also try wiping the phone clean but still no luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you restored your phone, did you restore from a back up, or as a new phone? If as new, try this:
1. Delete all threads in Messages.
2. Toggle off iMessage
3. Sign out of iMessage
4. Reset Network Settings
Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.
5. Sign back in to iMessage
6. Toggle iMessage back on
Does your phone number show in "Sent and Received"? It should be checked. Uncheck all the email addresses.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

ikky

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have restore from both new and back up and I have done all you have mention and the problem still happens

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have restore from both new and back up and I have done all you have mention and the problem still happens

I'd take it to an Apple Store and let the Genius Bar techs look at it. If not that, take it to your carrier's store. 3rd a reputable repair shop. If a restore as new with a fresh copy if iOS 8.2 does not work, then there must be a hardware issue with the phone. Maybe it's time to upgrade.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73