When I'm trying to delete a message off iMessage why is my trash can missing?

I

iMore Question

When I'm trying to delete a message off iMessage why is my trash can missing

It will allow me to delete all the messages but not just one

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: When I'm trying to delete a message off iMessage why is my trash can missing

I don't know, but if you're trying to delete the entire message, you can simply swipe to the left in the conversation list section.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I'm trying to delete a message off iMessage why is my trash can missing

It will allow me to delete all the messages but not just one

It's there. Try swiping the messages app out of the multitasking tray. Or slam down the keyboard. That bar at the bottom gets stuck and hides the trash can and the forward arrow.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Re: When I'm trying to delete a message off iMessage why is my trash can missing

It's there. Try swiping the messages app out of the multitasking tray. Or slam down the keyboard. That bar at the bottom gets stuck and hides the trash can and the forward arrow.

That bug has been there for the last few updates.
I am deleting individual messages in a conversation all day long & sometimes the trash can appears & sometimes it doesn't.
Lke you said, swiping out iMessage from the multi tack bar & openng it up again does the trick but it's annoyng.
Good Luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That bug has been there for the last few updates.
I am deleting individual messages in a conversation all day long & sometimes the trash can appears & sometimes it doesn't.
Lke you said, swiping out iMessage from the multi tack bar & openng it up again does the trick but it's annoyng.
Good Luck
It is. But I'm using 3 3rd party keyboards. So I have to swipe regularly anyhow. But I have found that slamming down the keyboard does the trick too. It's a bar of the keyboard that stays on the bottom in the way. The slamming has worked several times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal