iMessages display my email address instead of my name on the recipient's end. Why?

Bernie Seal

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
You guys did such a great job earlier this week for me, gotta give it another go. As I said before, that I just got an iPad mini for my birthday. My daughters also have one, they also have an iPhone with Face Talk on it, and my iPhone doesn't. So, when I txt them from iPad to iPad, they tell me that it shows up from: as my email address, and theirs show up to mine as their name. They keep telling me I have to make a change in the settings of Messages to include my phone number, but there is no place for a phone number on mine. Probably because I don't have a Face Talk ready phone, my phone is a 3gs...Can you help me out here? Thanks.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If they have your email saved with your name then it should say your name- Thats how my niece and nephew who use their iPod touch have it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You guys did such a great job earlier this week for me, gotta give it another go.
Thank you.
As I said before, that I just got an iPad mini for my birthday.
Congratulations on getting your new iPad Mini.
My daughters also have one, they also have an iPhone with Face Talk on it, and my iPhone doesn't.
I'm assuming you mean "FaceTime", and the only reason your iPhone wouldn't have it is because you have an iPhone prior to the iPhone 4.
So, when I txt them from iPad to iPad, they tell me that it shows up from: as my email address, and theirs show up to mine as their name. They keep telling me I have to make a change in the settings of Messages to include my phone number, but there is no place for a phone number on mine.
If all that have for you in THEIR contacts list is your phone number, tell them to add the email address in your contact info on THEIR devices. That *should* solve the problem.
Probably because I don't have a Face Talk ready phone, my phone is a 3gs...Can you help me out here? Thanks.
See the info above...:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2