I have Iphone 5 and iPad and I use iMessage, I noticed on my phone bill that the texts that are sent through iMessage, do not get logged anymore on my text usage, I contacted AT &T and she said if you are using iMessage, they don't come off your plan, they use DATA and that is ok if you have unlimited date as I do, but most don't, I turned off iMessage and then could not text to certain people, has anyone ran into this or seen their data usage go UP. Why bother to pay for unlimited texting in this case?? Help
    07-30-2014 01:56 PM
    You can text them by holding down the message and selecting "Send as text message." Also, go into settings-messages-and toggle on "Send as SMS."

Really no reason to turn off iMessage especially if you have unlimited data. If most people you text are on iMessage then there isn't much of a need for unlimited texting.
    07-30-2014 02:07 PM
    I have Iphone 5 and iPad and I use iMessage, I noticed on my phone bill that the texts that are sent through iMessage, do not get logged anymore on my text usage, I contacted AT &T and she said if you are using iMessage, they don't come off your plan, they use DATA and that is ok if you have unlimited date as I do, but most don't, I turned off iMessage and then could not text to certain people, has anyone ran into this or seen their data usage go UP. Why bother to pay for unlimited texting in this case?? Help
    Make sure the option "send as SMS" is green.. You can access it by going to Settings > Messages > Scroll down until you see it.. That will automatically send an imessage as a text message if it can't go through.
    07-30-2014 02:11 PM
    Welcome to iMore Cheryl

It appears my fellow members covered your question very well so I hope you continue to enjoy our site and post often
    07-30-2014 04:23 PM
    Also the best part about iMessage is the message can be way more then the 160 character text message.
    kataran likes this.
    07-30-2014 04:34 PM
    Why when you text most people it says "delivered" right away & others it takes forever.
    09-11-2014 05:41 PM
    Why when you text most people it says "delivered" right away & others it takes forever.
    Depends on there signal as well as yours

I like the feature it's like a registered letter
    09-11-2014 07:13 PM