I have an iPad so people obviously iMessage me through my email. If I get an iPhone will people still iMessage me through my email or phone number? If it's through my phone number will it sync with my iPad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-10-2014 10:28 AM
    I have an iPad so people obviously iMessage me through my email. If I get an iPhone will people still iMessage me through my email or phone number? If it's through my phone number will it sync with my iPad?

Whichever you choose. There is an option in the iMessage settings that will give you the option to choose your Phone number & or your Apple ID to use for sending & receiving iMessages.
    04-10-2014 10:38 AM
    Whichever you choose. There is an option in the iMessage settings that will give you the option to choose your Phone number & or your Apple ID to use for sending & receiving iMessages.
    So if I choose my phone number, I'm guessing my conversations won't be in sync with my iPad?

04-10-2014 10:44 AM
    So if I choose my phone number, I'm guessing my conversations won't be in sync with my iPad?

Your iPhone's phone number should automatically sync to your iPad or MacBook, if applicable. You may have to logout of iMessage on your iPad when you get your iPhone and then log back in after you've configured iMessage on your iPhone in order for the number to also display on the iPad.
    04-10-2014 10:47 AM
    Your iPhone's phone number should automatically sync to your iPad or MacBook, if applicable. You may have to logout of iMessage on your iPad when you get your iPhone and then log back in after you've configured iMessage on your iPhone in order for the number to also display on the iPad.
    Even of its just a WiFi iPad?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    04-10-2014 10:50 AM
    Even of its just a WiFi iPad?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Yes. You will not be able to use the iPad to make a phone call with the number. It is just for iMessage purposes.
    04-10-2014 10:51 AM
    Don't forget about FaceTime ...
    04-12-2014 10:01 AM
    I do this all the time. I have my email on ipad and phone number on iPhone. Conversations sync.
    04-12-2014 10:03 AM