Which IM app do you use?

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I've been wondering what people are now using to send instant messages to others.
Like Skype? Or Whatsapp?
Since I'm not living in the US, what apps or softwares do Americans use the most?
It may be a little off-topic but I really want to communicate & interact with users of my app. I just don't know where to start:concern:

Last edited by a moderator:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm mostly using BlackBerry Messenger and Google Hangouts. :) Although I do like Skype also. :) I'm not a big fan of Whatsapp. (I like the developer thou ;) )

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I like iMessage but prefer the ease of sending current location with whatsapp. If iMessage had fast location sharing it would be ideal.

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I primarily use the native iMessage app.

Just remembered that I didn't subscribe to this thread...no wonder there're no notifications.

ok, if one more question is acceptable, how would you like to contact to the developers of an app? i mean, if you have ideas, suggestions, or bug reports, how would you like to reach the developers besides the traditional emails?

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
yep, that's true.
but we also add the Twitter & Facebook link within our app.
so far we've achieved a bad result..only 10 followers / likes are our users :(

Zug3349

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
All. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: but whatsapp (never liked it) and BBM (after 5 year of blackberry I hate anything BB related)

iMessage (rarely)
Viber (always, most used)
Wechat (sometimes)
Line (sometimes)
KakaoTalk (my favorite, sometimes)
Kik (rarely)
Threema (never, so far)
MyEnigma (very rarely)
Telegram (sometimes)
Surespot (never, so far).

Actually I am not using all of them simply because I do not have any contact using Threema, Kik and Surespot. All the others work fine with the exception of Telegram which is still a bit buggy: new contacts are not always syncronized.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods