Follow up question: how would you like to contact or be contacted by a developer if you're using his/her app?
    Email. Easier to send crash logs and relevant information. Dealing in real time isn't an option for most devs anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mary_Young likes this.
    03-02-2014 10:54 PM
    Via a forum just like this one. I do not want to be solicited in any manner. If I purchase an app, I'd like to think that the developer will be grateful for it and make him or herself available for feedback (both good and bad) via a standard email address. I don't mind a single pop-up after about a week asking if I enjoy the app or asking me to rate the app, but if I'm hounded, I'll uninstall the app and vehemently let it be known that the app's developer(s) opt to harass customers with irritating pop-ups which in turn diminish the user experience.
    Thanks for your comment. As member of a developer team, your opinion is of great value.
    We've offered an email address, a Facebook page and a twitter account for our users to contact us and say anything ( bugs, ideas, dissatisfactions, suggestions, anything) about the app.
    The reason I posted the thread is to see how we can interact with our users in a more convenient way. Thanks for your reply ^_^
    03-02-2014 10:55 PM
    Email. Easier to send crash logs and relevant information. Dealing in real time isn't an option for most devs anyway.

Thanks for your reply, that's useful.
    So it seems many users do not want to interact with developers. But sometimes we may want to give away some iTunes gift cards or something for promotional purposes, it will be better if we can communicate with them in real time ^_^
    cinematicme likes this.
    03-02-2014 10:59 PM
    Thanks for your reply, that's useful.
    So it seems many users do not want to interact with developers. But sometimes we may want to give away some iTunes gift cards or something for promotional purposes, it will be better if we can communicate with them in real time ^_^
    For things like that I would recommend twitter. I guess I should have mentioned that, I interact with devs heavily on twitter and through email. iTunes codes through private direct message too

Mary_Young likes this.
    03-02-2014 11:01 PM
    For things like that I would recommend twitter. I guess I should have mentioned that, I interact with devs heavily on twitter and through email. iTunes codes through private direct message too

Thanks~hopefully our users could like to interact with us on twitter. Currently there're only a few followers. Maybe we haven't promoted our twitter account enough~
    03-02-2014 11:03 PM
    Thanks~hopefully our users could like to interact with us on twitter. Currently there're only a few followers. Maybe we haven't promoted our twitter account enough~
    What's your twitter handle?

Mary_Young likes this.
    03-02-2014 11:04 PM
    Personal device is iMessage or plain text. Work device is BlackBerry Q10 on BES so use BBM all day at work. Never use BBM on my iPhone cause none of my friends do and have heard it's not real stable.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    Last edited by CrackedRosco; 03-02-2014 at 11:34 PM.
    Mary_Young likes this.
    03-02-2014 11:05 PM

You mean name? It's ipowerguard .
    English is not my mother tongue, sometimes it's a little hard for me to understand though@_@
    03-02-2014 11:07 PM
    Personal device is iMessage or plain text. Work device is BlackBerry Q10 on BES so use BBM all day at work. Never use BBM on my iPhone cause none of my friends do and have heard it's now real stable.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    Thanks for your reply. Guess everywhere is the same, we use what our contacts use ^_^
    03-02-2014 11:08 PM

Just saw a new follower, guess this may not be classified as infraction
    Thanks for the follow and hope you enjoy our app (just tweeted you)
    03-02-2014 11:31 PM
    Either by email or by the app itself.

After some intensive testing though out this weekend I can conclude that the best IM app for me is...the one I forgot to mention in my list: Hangouts.
    So, I am going to delete some of those and I am going to keep: Hangouts, Telegram, Threema, Line, WeChat, Viber.
    Mary_Young likes this.
    03-03-2014 05:11 AM
    I use iMessage.
    Mary_Young likes this.
    03-03-2014 05:14 AM
    Either by email or by the app itself.

After some intensive testing though out this weekend I can conclude that the best IM app for me is...the one I forgot to mention in my list: Hangouts.
    So, I am going to delete some of those and I am going to keep: Hangouts, Telegram, Threema, Line, WeChat, Viber.
    Seems WeChat is really popular in the US. In my country, where WeChat is based, it is almost a must-have app on smartphones.
    Just wondering, do you think it'd be a good idea if we include WeChat as a way to contact an app's developer?
    03-03-2014 06:49 AM
    I use iMessage.
    I have to admit iMessage is really convenient for iPhone users. Personally I like it a lot.
    But as a way to communicate with app developers, iMessage may not be a good idea>_<

PowerGuard (security, privacy and so much more) for iOS 7
    03-03-2014 06:52 AM
    LINE (ALways)
    whatsapp (Always)
    Skype (Rarely)
    Imessege ( Rarely, Only for Imore Forum User)
    Mary_Young likes this.
    03-06-2014 04:31 AM
    LINE (ALways)
    whatsapp (Always)
    Skype (Rarely)
    Imessege ( Rarely, Only for Imore Forum User)
    I thought line was only popular in Asia.
    It's amazing to know so much more about other countries. Guess the Internet is indeed a good thing.

PowerGuard (security, privacy and so much more)
    03-06-2014 04:43 AM
    I use iMessage and Twitter, that's pretty much it.
    Mary_Young likes this.
    03-06-2014 07:47 AM
    I use iMessage and Twitter, that's pretty much it.
    Yep, recently I've used twitter a lot.
    But I like to see Facebook messenger on my screen. The round icon which you can drag along the screen is pretty cool!

03-06-2014 08:07 AM
    Yep, recently I've used twitter a lot.
    But I like to see Facebook messenger on my screen. The round icon which you can drag along the screen is pretty cool!

I use Facebook now and then, but not Facebook chat. I love imessage because it's on my MacBook Pro too.
    Mary_Young likes this.
    03-06-2014 08:19 AM
    I use Google Hangout the most and iMessage, if you want to consider that an IM; I really don't.
    Why don't u consider iMessage an IM?? That's exactly what it is.

Sent from my white 5s
    Mary_Young likes this.
    03-06-2014 08:46 AM
    iMessage (just about all the time)
    Skype (for work only)

The other ones (WhatsApp, BBM, Facebook Messenger, App.net (Whisper), Hangouts) aren't used by my friends and as such just sit there if they're installed at all.
    Mary_Young likes this.
    03-30-2014 06:45 PM
    I use Google Hangouts and IM+ Pro.
    03-31-2014 04:15 AM
    I use iMessages and Text Plus Gold

via the phone ⚪️
    03-31-2014 07:39 AM
48 12