hit or miss with imessage

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Why sometimes when you send imessages to people it takes forever to say "delivered" & you have to double tap to "send as text message" after awhile, when other people go through right away. Is the only of point of imessage for the people who has pay-by-text

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's usually a problem on Apple's side. Sometimes a reboot will take care of it and sometimes it clears itself.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
how could 1 phone # on AT&T make a difference vs. other #'s on the same network? I reboot/turn off phone every night or so

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Any times when I send an iMessage, the iMessage is slow and it then sends as text. Then the iMessage goes through. So people a duplicate message from me. Kinda annoying.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've got Verizon and it does it all the time for me. Even when I'm on wifi, it still gets stuck sending. It's supposed to default to text message after a certain amount of time, but I've had a message try to send for a week and nothing ever went through until I got a phone call asking why I was ignoring them.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've had iMessage issues before. If the service is actually functional and not down, sometimes a reboot of the device helps. Once or twice I had to turn off iMessage, and then turn it back on and log back on to my account. I don't have many issues with iMessage, as long as the backend is working (seems to be the source of most of my issues).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR