I know it has been brought up many times, we want it cross platform. But what else what would you do to improve iMessage.

For me I would love to have groups built in. I want to be able to have a specific groups, like a work group or a family group. I don't want to have to add people in or use an app to do this. Other apps are able to accomplish this, why not apple.

So what does everyone think, how can Apple make this the best messaging app out there?
    12-10-2013 09:26 PM
    I think they can it would be cool to customize it more
    12-10-2013 09:28 PM
    Groups would certainly be a great improvement for iMessage
    12-10-2013 09:35 PM
    Groups would certainly be a great improvement for iMessage
    I'm with y'all on this one.
    Good Luck
    12-11-2013 09:37 PM
    YES, I agree the GROUP thing would be really KOOL
    12-11-2013 10:02 PM
    It'd be cool if they could integrate BBM into iMessage somehow..
    12-12-2013 10:23 AM
    I know it has been brought up many times, we want it cross platform. But what else what would you do to improve iMessage.

For me I would love to have groups built in. I want to be able to have a specific groups, like a work group or a family group. I don't want to have to add people in or use an app to do this. Other apps are able to accomplish this, why not apple.

So what does everyone think, how can Apple make this the best messaging app out there?
    1. Fix the activation problems
    2. Make it easier to disassociate iMessage from a device's phone number in case the owner opts to use a non-Apple device.
    3. Add a group "chat" option. Sometimes I do not want to receive everyone's reply from an informational message sent to a group of people.
    4. Add an option to send a file from within the iMessage app.
    rayz336 likes this.
    12-12-2013 10:39 AM
    Times displayed without pulling the conversation to the left.
    12-17-2013 09:38 PM
    There could be a choice so people could choose to have time on the left of every message without having to swipe to the left. And there could also be a choice where you can keep it like normal.
    Last edited by iOS Gravity; 02-22-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    12-17-2013 09:41 PM
    When Apple assigns a group to work on something there is nothing they cannot accomplish so YES they can.
    SpasticPat likes this.
    04-13-2014 11:28 AM
    Should be able to make it more customizable. Font sizes, colours, and backgrounds would really spice it up. I know apple won't let you add your own backgrounds because they are OCD like that but at least have some pre set colours to choose from

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    ladyc0524 and takeoutbox like this.
    04-13-2014 11:45 AM
    I'd rather it have a sort of buddy list type in which only the users you have on it can iMessage you.
    05-14-2014 06:04 PM
    I'd rather it have a sort of buddy list type in which only the users you have on it can iMessage you.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-14-2014 06:50 PM
    Profile photos shown as they are in group iMessage.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    ladyc0524 and MrMars like this.
    05-14-2014 10:19 PM
    I am going to be in the minority here, but I would like Apple to make it possible to not send a message SMS if its a foreign number.
    05-15-2014 12:07 AM
    I am going to be in the minority here, but I would like Apple to make it possible to not send a message SMS if its a foreign number.
    Well, yeah. That's probably in the majority. It would be nice to have a separate option for foreign numbers like that.
    05-15-2014 02:19 AM
    Also thinking they add voice note

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    05-15-2014 03:38 AM
    Profile photos shown as they are in group iMessage.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    That would certainly be nice
    05-15-2014 07:54 AM
    I am done using iMessage. Until Apple makes disconnecting iMessage from your phone number as easy as it is to turn on iMessage.

iMessage literally hijacks SMS... if you switch to a different OS get ready for issues. Even if you follow all the instructions for disabling iMessage on all your devices including your Mac, there is a good chance messages from iPhone users will not get through to you. This is unacceptable.

If Apple had invented SMS, then I would take no umbrage... but they did not.
    05-15-2014 08:42 AM
    Things can always improve... iMessage is pretty basic if you get really into it's function.... I would love to see Apple really beef up this side of messaging with out compromising anything else.
    05-15-2014 09:21 AM
    Lots of good suggestions here. One I'd like is to have the option to send a 'Read' receipt on a per text basis, similar to what Outlook has. Not a fan of the current 'all or nothing' setting.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-15-2014 10:42 AM
    I am done using iMessage. Until Apple makes disconnecting iMessage from your phone number as easy as it is to turn on iMessage.

iMessage literally hijacks SMS... if you switch to a different OS get ready for issues. Even if you follow all the instructions for disabling iMessage on all your devices including your Mac, there is a good chance messages from iPhone users will not get through to you. This is unacceptable.

If Apple had invented SMS, then I would take no umbrage... but they did not.
    I switch Sim cards between my 5S and Note 3 every few days and don't understand what the problem is that people have in disabling imessage. I'm starting to think people are ignoring one important step:

Aside from just toggling iMessage off on your phone, one should go into the "send & receive" menu and sign out of their Apple ID for imessage and THEN toggle imessage off.

I do think that if someone's messages don't get through to you is because they don't have "send as SMS" toggled on since Apple has it off by default ever since ios 7. Even then, a person who has it off would still send you a sms after a reset of their phone since your apple id is no longer signed in to imessage.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-15-2014 11:21 AM
    I switch Sim cards between my 5S and Note 3 every few days and don't understand what the problem is that people have in disabling imessage. I'm starting to think people are ignoring one important step:

Aside from just toggling iMessage off on your phone, one should go into the "send & receive" menu and sign out of their Apple ID for imessage and THEN toggle imessage off.

I do think that if someone's messages don't get through to you is because they don't have "send as SMS" toggled on since Apple has it off by default ever since ios 7. Even then, a person who has it off would still send you a sms after a reset of their phone since your apple id is no longer signed in to imessage.
    And there is the rub.... I have to rely on another person to reset their iphone in order to get a message from them.
    05-15-2014 11:41 AM
    And there is the rub.... I have to rely on another person to reset their iphone in order to get a message from them.
    I agree. But don't sell signing out of imessage short. It rids you of most of the problems you will have to deal with. You're basically disconnecting not only your device, but your phone number from imessage by doing that.
    05-15-2014 11:43 AM
    I agree. But don't sell signing out of imessage short. It rids you of most of the problems you will have to deal with. You're basically disconnecting not only your device, but your phone number from imessage by doing that.
    Can Apple improve iMessage?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1400198404.915144.jpg
    Can Apple improve iMessage?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1400198505.454503.jpg
    05-15-2014 08:01 PM
50 12