Can Apple improve iMessage?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I know it has been brought up many times, we want it cross platform. But what else what would you do to improve iMessage.

For me I would love to have groups built in. I want to be able to have a specific groups, like a work group or a family group. I don't want to have to add people in or use an app to do this. Other apps are able to accomplish this, why not apple.

So what does everyone think, how can Apple make this the best messaging app out there?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know it has been brought up many times, we want it cross platform. But what else what would you do to improve iMessage.

For me I would love to have groups built in. I want to be able to have a specific groups, like a work group or a family group. I don't want to have to add people in or use an app to do this. Other apps are able to accomplish this, why not apple.

So what does everyone think, how can Apple make this the best messaging app out there?

1. Fix the activation problems
2. Make it easier to disassociate iMessage from a device's phone number in case the owner opts to use a non-Apple device.
3. Add a group "chat" option. Sometimes I do not want to receive everyone's reply from an informational message sent to a group of people.
4. Add an option to send a file from within the iMessage app.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
There could be a choice so people could choose to have time on the left of every message without having to swipe to the left. And there could also be a choice where you can keep it like normal.

Last edited:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Should be able to make it more customizable. Font sizes, colours, and backgrounds would really spice it up. I know apple won't let you add your own backgrounds because they are OCD like that but at least have some pre set colours to choose from

Sent from my iPhone 5s

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd rather it have a sort of buddy list type in which only the users you have on it can iMessage you.

nyraraqa.jpg

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am going to be in the minority here, but I would like Apple to make it possible to not send a message SMS if its a foreign number.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am done using iMessage. Until Apple makes disconnecting iMessage from your phone number as easy as it is to turn on iMessage.

iMessage literally hijacks SMS... if you switch to a different OS get ready for issues. Even if you follow all the instructions for disabling iMessage on all your devices including your Mac, there is a good chance messages from iPhone users will not get through to you. This is unacceptable.

If Apple had invented SMS, then I would take no umbrage... but they did not.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Things can always improve... iMessage is pretty basic if you get really into it's function.... I would love to see Apple really beef up this side of messaging with out compromising anything else.