New iphone 5c and iMessage notification problem

TigerDunes

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Have a 3 wk old iPhone 5c. It has occurred to me that I am not receiving any sound notifications on new iMessages that are received. Any suggestions. Took phone to Verizon yesterday and of course they were no help. BTW, I have not made the IOS 7 patch update yet. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thx

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue on my iPhone 5s. When I noticed it even though my mute wasn't on I switched it to mute and then unmuted it and tones were back. So give that a try it's quick and simple. If that doesn't work reboot the phone. Then if you still aren't getting sound go into the sound settings and click on the messages and tap the tone. It should give you a preview of the sound. If that fails switch to a different tone and see if that one works then switch back to the previous tone. If all those steps still don't work update to the latest version of iOS which will be the same as reloading iOS.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
go into sounds settings... change your text tone to something else... see if that works... then change it back to your desired sound... updating the iOS isn't a bad thing to do either...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods