iMessage issue...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
rebooting the phone fixes this too

my at&t one has been doing this since friday too oddly enough
As I've stated in another thread, I experienced this for the first time early this morning. All I did was turn off my device and then turn it back on and I haven't had a problem with it since.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
As I've stated in another thread, I experienced this for the first time early this morning. All I did was turn off my device and then turn it back on and I haven't had a problem with it since.

Seems like some of us have to do repeated reboots. Even after the reboot, while I could send an iMessage to one person, a previous conversation (that had finally switched to text) had to be deleted before I could iMessage that person...

Has Apple even indicated a problem? If not, is there someplace it can be logged so Apple knows that it exists?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with iMessage at all (including 3G & wifi) since doing a clean restore to iOS 7 GM on September 11th on my 4S. But the "send as SMS" setting has not worked for me since installing iOS 7 beta 5. I also have either wifi or 3G on all the time so I don't get logged out of anything.

Apples system status page doesn't show any problems with iMessage for the past 3 days

Carrier: Bell

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems like some of us have to do repeated reboots. Even after the reboot, while I could send an iMessage to one person, a previous conversation (that had finally switched to text) had to be deleted before I could iMessage that person...

Has Apple even indicated a problem? If not, is there someplace it can be logged so Apple knows that it exists?

I would recommend using the form via the following link:

[URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html#mn_p]Apple - iCloud - Feedback[/URL]

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm...just as a test I tried to send a pic to my wife and a three minutes later it's still "sending..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Fudge...I typed up my issue and went into multitasking to try to get the link to this thread to post in my issue and swiped away my safari. Oh well. Guess there won't be a complaint today. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joshdbeard

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been having consistent trouble sending iMessages since Friday.

iPhone 5 running 7.0.2...for a while I turned iMessage off because nothing was sending, on LTE or Wi-Fi. With iMessage back on I had to long press and Send as Text a majority of the time.
Went ahead and restored my iPhone, seemed to work for a while, however the problems have returned.
Just Restored Network Settings.

This has to be a large issue for more than just me.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This has to be a large issue for more than just me.

I think this thread alone proves that it isn't an isolated occurrence and I'm glad to be among others with the same issue! Nothing worse than seemingly being the only person with an issue! Haha

And last night I actually did a soft reset and sent myself a picture followed by some test messages both last night and this morning. Both times they went through flawlessly. Didn't try a soft reset before because I used what it was doing while resetting network settings was essentially the same thing.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Been sending iMessages over 3G all day and now that I'm at home things want to start that hanging crap again 😡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Count me in for having iMessage issues. Seems to happen once a day and after a reboot everything works fine. I should not have to keep rebooting my phone for iMessage to work

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

gmonkey88

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I hope they address this in an update soon... this is really annoying. imessage works 75% of the time and then hangs when trying to send. I reset the network settings, but that only works for a few hours.

gnky

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPod touch 5 and updated to iOS 7, and can't get Messages to work. It tries to send messages, then fails. I tried the reset thing several times, but it hasn't helped. Anybody else in this boat? Or, have advice on how to make this work? I'm new to this stuff.

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Apple is apparently working on an update to fix this. I have the same issue too. Messages don't send, I don't receive messages at all or the progress bar shows that it didn't send but actually does. It's extremely erratic and unpredictable and quite frustrating.

The fixes described can work but only on a temporary basis if you have the issue.

Apple's new update can't come soon enough for me.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Apple is apparently working on an update to fix this. I have the same issue too. Messages don't send, I don't receive messages at all or the progress bar shows that it didn't send but actually does. It's extremely erratic and unpredictable and quite frustrating.

The fixes described can work but only on a temporary basis if you have the issue.

Apple's new update can't come soon enough for me.

I'm in the same boat. Annoying having to turn off iMessage, reset network settings, reboot....over and over again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner