I know this is an old thread, found it searching my issue. This issue actually started for me a while ago and has been accelerating to the point where I now do not receive imessages on my phone from three of my contacts, everyone else is working. WHAT ON EARTH.
    I'm assuming the 3 contacts have iMessage enabled in Settings.
    On your iPhone, try turning off iMessage in Settings, then turn your phone off, turn it back on again, then turn on iMessage in Settings.
    Sometimes something that simple might do the trick.

Good Luck Christine & welcome to iMore.
    06-15-2013 09:53 PM
    i have that problem too... The images take too many time to load and 50% of messages come incomplete... it starts with the last imessage update
    06-17-2013 08:04 AM
    Won't this reset your whole phone back to factory settings?
    06-18-2013 01:05 PM
    Is this still man issue?
    07-31-2013 10:03 PM
    I'm having exactly the same problem: Messages sent from iPhone 5 get answers delivered to mini iPad but not on the iPhone.

Can someone provide a proper fix? Is it something to do with configuring iMessage?
    08-21-2013 06:57 AM
    I'm having exactly the same problem: Messages sent from iPhone 5 get answers delivered to mini iPad but not on the iPhone.

Can someone provide a proper fix? Is it something to do with configuring iMessage?
    Go to Settings-Messages on both devices and then scroll down to the "Send & Receive" section and make sure either the phone number or Apple ID matches.
    08-21-2013 11:39 AM
    After a few days of this problem (messages were not syncing across my iPad and iPhone), and after digging around a little bit on forums and tweaking with settings on the devices, I realized that, after updating to iOS 7.x, my Apple ID was not associated with my phone number. Since my iPad is WiFi only, it relies on my Apple ID to track iMessage traffic. My phone number (which my iPhone uses) means nothing to my iPad.

In my iPhone I went to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and input my Apple ID in the "You can be reached by iMessage at..." field.

Now my iPad and iPhone are logged into the same iMessage account. (After making this change I now see my phone number is listed in my iPad's iMessage settings.)

Hope this helps anyone who might be stuck up the same tree as I was.
    11-13-2013 04:18 PM
    I have the exact same problem. It seems to be related to the imessage switch and phones going back and forth from iphone to non-iphone or imessage to non-imessage. The system seems to remember that the number used to be an iphone and used to have imessage. When you move the phone or turn imessage off, the sender doesn't know this so their message continues to send imessage to a phone that can't receive it. I wish apple would fix this.
    01-21-2014 03:12 PM
    I'm having the same problems as most everyone else. Over night, imessaging quit working between the iPhones and the iPad.... What has really happened and how do we get this feature back???
    06-23-2014 02:49 PM
    I'm having the same problems as most everyone else. Over night, imessaging quit working between the iPhones and the iPad.... What has really happened and how do we get this feature back???
    Unless Apple is having issues with the service itself, I recommend you make sure the iMessage settings are identical on your devices.
    06-23-2014 04:24 PM
    I've not been getting messages on my iPhone for an undetermined time and this is very frustrating. Haven't been using the other apple devices as regularly and certainly wouldn't check with the regularity of a phone which is a constant companion.
    04-27-2015 09:13 PM
36 12