iMessage issues -- delivering to some but not all devices

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, ever since the iMessage outage last week, I've been having a serious problem. Namely that iMessages aren't all being delivered to all devices. I know this because people will show me what they've sent and it shows delivered on their device, but my iPhone shows nothing. I get some of those responses on my iPad, some on iChat on my Mac, but I don't reliably get all messages in all places at the same time.

This isn't limited to me -- it's happening to my fiance, too, who happens to have a separate Apple ID from me.

I wouldn't be as concerned if my iPad or my Mac weren't getting all the messages, but I have a big issue with not getting them on my iPhone.

Is anyone else experiencing this? You should check!!

If it's just me, I guess I'll have to work through tech support ... but I wanted to see if it was just me.

BTW, Verizon iPhone 5 running 6.1.3, Verizon iPad 2 running 6.1.3, and MacBook Pro running 10.8.3.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is working properly on all of my devices. Have you tried turning OFF iMessages on all of your devices and then turning them bak on?

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes I forgot to include that. I turned off iMessage on the three devices, waited about 3 hours, then turned iPhone back on, then iPad, then MacBook. I waited for activation to complete before going to the next device. It seemed to fix it for about 24 hours then problems started arising again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I forgot to include that. I turned off iMessage on the three devices, waited about 3 hours, then turned iPhone back on, then iPad, then MacBook. I waited for activation to complete before going to the next device. It seemed to fix it for about 24 hours then problems started arising again.

Oh okay. Well, hopefully, it will iron itself out for you. I just checked the Apple System Status page and all areas are allegedly working properly.

Kate Moreau

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
My boyfriend and I are having almost the exact issue. Same iPhone 5 Verizon, etc. MacBook Pro and an iPad. All having the same issue but he's not having this issue with other people, just me. I've tried turning off iMessage, restarting my phone and everything else I can think of. Anyone else? iMessage can be great but sometimes it so frustrating!!

Katibabie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happening to me and my husband. iMessage is working just fine with other people who are on iMessage but not between my husband and my iPhones! His is a iphone4 and mine is a iphone5. Sooooooo annoying! :mad:

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been seeing the same thing here. My wife has not received half the messages I sent her today. Yesterday I sent out a group message to 6 iMessage users. Only 2 of the 6 received the message in the first hour. A third received it about 3 hours later and the rest not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ffanlar

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Having exactly the same problem - Ive had so many iraate people over the last few days! Messages sent in the morning which I only see when I get home to see it on the Mac. What is the issue? How do I resolve it?

Bourkee9

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Having exact same problem here as above posters regarding iMessage between my wife's iPhone and mine.

To send messages to my wife's phone I need to text by AT&T.

Turning off iMessage on both phones fixed the issue for a few hours and now the problem is back!

I can however iMessage her iCloud email - so that's a work around if your stuck.

Apple please fix !

harperrg

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Me too! My wife and I have had problems not only with iMessage but also while trying to use Face Time, calls will only go to one particular device. I also got it to work for a few hours by turning everything off, but it's broken again.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No issues here both ipad and phone have same messages

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Since last night around 6:00pm I have not been able to send iMessages, they all convert to Text Messages, so they turn from blue to green.
I'm in Canada with the carrier Fido which is part of the Rogers Wireless network. I've tried turning my phone off a few times but this does nothing to fix the problem.
Any one else here with Fido having the same issue ?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Could be Apple issue or Carrier issue.

I have recently only went to using my number across all devices and have had no problems.

Katibabie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I FINALLY got imessage working between my iPhone & Macbook Pro and between my Hubby and it has been working great for the last 2 days. What we did was First we both went on our iPhones to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive> Then tapped on Apple ID: and selected Sign Out and then turned off imessage.Then we both did the same thing on Face time on both of our iPhones. Then I went to my Macbook and signed out of both imessage and facetime on there as well. I think the key is making sure you actually sign out of your apple ID not just turning off imessage and facetime. Then we restarted our iphones by holding the power button and the home button and also shut down my mac. Once everything was back up and running we turned imessage back on on both of our phones. Then we signed back into our apple IDs within imessage, then face time. After the phones were signed in I then went to my Mac and signed into imessage first then facetime. Everything has been working great since then! Thought I would share what worked for me in hopes it might work for some of you? Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro