Texting internationally with iMessage

Coreylevesque

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been texting a friend internationally for about three months using iMessage which should make texting internationally free. But my mom showed me the bill and It says Ive been texting internationally. Nothing about the iMessage either. I always have internet where i am, it always says its iMessage and its always blue. Why is it charging mefrom texting internationally?????

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Was there an increase in the bill or did it just display the international phone number(s) you had been texting? Also, are you certain the iMessages were sent as iMessage and not changed to SMS messages? It happens on occasions. You might also consider going to Settings-Messages via your i-device and then turn OFF "Send as SMS". The downside to that would not be able to text your friends who do not have Apple devices unless you turn it back on or use a third party messaging app.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been texting a friend internationally for about three months using iMessage which should make texting internationally free. But my mom showed me the bill and It says Ive been texting internationally. Nothing about the iMessage either. I always have internet where i am, it always says its iMessage and its always blue. Why is it charging mefrom texting internationally?????
What carrier are you with? I also believe no matter what you have to have an International calling plan. iMessage goes against your data unless you are on WIFI and then it is free. That is what I do.

Edit: 'D is also correct with his statement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen