aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5 from iPhone 4...iMessage never worked for me on the 4 (never send, connection issues)...and I thought iPhone 5 (with itsLTE network) would fix that..but no....it's still not working here...what's wrong???

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Make sure if it's set up as an email you don't have another device using that same email addy. The messages may be getting routed to that and you not knowing it.

Sent using Tapatalk

DanieBouwer

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Really hope someone can help. I have an iPod Touch 5th gen with iOS6. I am unable to log into iMessage with my apple ID. it says the password is incorrect. I have repeatedly tried to enter the password so I know it is correct. I can log into App Store and iCloud with this ID and password no problem. Any idea what is causing this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Really hope someone can help. I have an iPod Touch 5th gen with iOS6. I am unable to log into iMessage with my apple ID. it says the password is incorrect. I have repeatedly tried to enter the password so I know it is correct. I can log into App Store and iCloud with this ID and password no problem. Any idea what is causing this issue?

It has happened on several occasions one fix is to long online and change your password. If you have a second Apple ID that you use for non-purchases like iCloud, try logging into iMessages with it. Lastly, I just checked the Apple Services Status Page and all appears normal.

DanieBouwer

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you JustMe'D, I changed my password and tried logging in with it but it did not resolve the problem. Interestingly when I try and log into Apple web site with this account I receive an unknow error., however it did allow me to change my password. I have another Apple account and tried to log into iMessage with it but had the same issue. I am able to use my alternate account on my iPhone without any problem though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you JustMe'D, I changed my password and tried logging in with it but it did not resolve the problem. Interestingly when I try and log into Apple web site with this account I receive an unknow error., however it did allow me to change my password. I have another Apple account and tried to log into iMessage with it but had the same issue. I am able to use my alternate account on my iPhone without any problem though.

That is odd. If you use the same Apple ID that you currently use successfully on your iPhone, it should work likewise on your iPod. Your iPhone number should be displayed as one of the methods used to iMessage you on your iPod and any other Apple device you may have that is up to date, so to speak. You can try logging out of iCloud & iTunes, reboot your device and then logging back in to both and then into iMessage to see if it clears itself up. Of course, perform a backup first. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR