iMessage trying to activate wrong number

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. My wife wants to hold onto Cydia tethering, but she's getting frustrated by the iMessages showing up as unknown or something else strange. when she texts friends with iPhones who don't have her email. So, like you said, turn it off or try restore. She might be ok with losing the jailbreak if it fixes the problem, but if it doesn't fix it AND she loses the jailbreak, there will be hell to pay.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. My wife wants to hold onto Cydia tethering, but she's getting frustrated by the iMessages showing up as unknown or something else strange. when she texts friends with iPhones who don't have her email. So, like you said, turn it off or try restore. She might be ok with losing the jailbreak if it fixes the problem, but if it doesn't fix it AND she loses the jailbreak, there will be hell to pay.

If a restore doesn't fix I would go to apple and if they can't they will replace the phone and no phone no old number .. I'm pretty sure a restore will fix because phone is wiped doesn't know any number until activation and that is your wife's

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
If a restore doesn't fix I would go to apple and if they can't they will replace the phone and no phone no old number .. I'm pretty sure a restore will fix because phone is wiped doesn't know any number until activation and that is your wife's

Really? It's outside the warranty period.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Full restore fixed it, though not right away. Still had my old number on FaceTime for a few minutes. Had to sign out if Apple ID before the number would change.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73