Is iMessage that big of a deal?

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I would consider some of these great droid phones, but with all of my friends with iPhones....it would suck not to be able to have group threads that iMessage introduced.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose iMessage is more favorable to the younger crowd. I mean, people from my generation still prefer picking up the phone and talking. Besides, it's not like back in the day when there weren't any unlimited texting plans and you were charged per SMS message. *To me*, it's just an Apple SMS/mms feature and nothing more. I do, however, like how it identifies a contact that uses iOS, but other than that, it is just a texting feature.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
The best part about iMessage is the ability to send full resolution photos. If you send photos via MMS, they are paired down to 640x480.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it's great for people in different countries to save money instead of using text. It works great for me because my girlfriend works in a hospital with zero cell signal but we still can iMessage.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I suppose iMessage is more favorable to the younger crowd. I mean, people from my generation still prefer picking up the phone and talking. Besides, it's not like back in the day when there weren't any unlimited texting plans and you were charged per SMS message. *To me*, it's just an Apple SMS/mms feature and nothing more. I do, however, like how it identifies a contact that uses iOS, but other than that, it is just a texting feature.

I'm 47, and love the fact that I can have multiple buddies on a thread...it wouldn't happen on a phone call. Best uses:
1)getting happy hour settled
2)busting balls as a group

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm 47, and love the fact that I can have multiple buddies on a thread...it wouldn't happen on a phone call. Best uses:
1)getting happy hour settled
2)busting balls as a group

Of course, there are always exceptions. I was merely speaking in general terms & from my perspective. ;) I'm 49, by the way.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How the hell we found everyone in the 80's without cells....I have no idea.

(laughing)...I hear ya. Back then, I could remember tons of phone numbers but now, I can barely remember my own. Also, we weren't on the phone (landline) all friggin' day like we are now.