Yes. I would consider some of these great droid phones, but with all of my friends with iPhones....it would suck not to be able to have group threads that iMessage introduced.
    09-10-2012 11:00 AM
    I suppose iMessage is more favorable to the younger crowd. I mean, people from my generation still prefer picking up the phone and talking. Besides, it's not like back in the day when there weren't any unlimited texting plans and you were charged per SMS message. *To me*, it's just an Apple SMS/mms feature and nothing more. I do, however, like how it identifies a contact that uses iOS, but other than that, it is just a texting feature.
    09-10-2012 11:08 AM
    The best part about iMessage is the ability to send full resolution photos. If you send photos via MMS, they are paired down to 640x480.
    09-10-2012 12:01 PM
    I think it's great for people in different countries to save money instead of using text. It works great for me because my girlfriend works in a hospital with zero cell signal but we still can iMessage.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-10-2012 12:37 PM
    I suppose iMessage is more favorable to the younger crowd. I mean, people from my generation still prefer picking up the phone and talking. Besides, it's not like back in the day when there weren't any unlimited texting plans and you were charged per SMS message. *To me*, it's just an Apple SMS/mms feature and nothing more. I do, however, like how it identifies a contact that uses iOS, but other than that, it is just a texting feature.
    I'm 47, and love the fact that I can have multiple buddies on a thread...it wouldn't happen on a phone call. Best uses:
    1)getting happy hour settled
    2)busting balls as a group
    09-10-2012 05:08 PM
    The best part about iMessage is the ability to send full resolution photos. If you send photos via MMS, they are paired down to 640x480.
    I didn't recall this....good point. If the new cam is 12mgs, that is even bigger
    09-10-2012 05:10 PM
    I'm 47, and love the fact that I can have multiple buddies on a thread...it wouldn't happen on a phone call. Best uses:
    1)getting happy hour settled
    2)busting balls as a group
    Of course, there are always exceptions. I was merely speaking in general terms & from my perspective. I'm 49, by the way.
    09-10-2012 07:24 PM
    Of course, there are always exceptions. I was merely speaking in general terms & from my perspective. I'm 49, by the way.
    How the hell we found everyone in the 80's without cells....I have no idea.
    09-10-2012 07:33 PM
    How the hell we found everyone in the 80's without cells....I have no idea.
    (laughing)...I hear ya. Back then, I could remember tons of phone numbers but now, I can barely remember my own. Also, we weren't on the phone (landline) all friggin' day like we are now.
    09-10-2012 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD