(This is a post from the iPhone 4 forum, but I feel it better fits in this forum.)

Hello,

So all of a sudden, my iMessage is not working properly. Anyone that I can iMessage with, it lets me send to them perfectly fine, however their messages to me keeping coming in as texts. This is very frustrating to me because the messages stall and it takes a long time for me to get them. I have turned off and on iMessages, quit the Messages app, restarted my phone... nothing is working. I, supposedly, have perfectly fine 3G access. I did notice that when I am in the phone, like using it, the problem doesnt happen. But when my phone is not in use is when it occurs. Has anyone seen this before? I don't know what to do!

Thank you!
    08-21-2012 03:28 PM
    Is your iPhone 4 Jailbroken? There might be a fix if it is Jailbroken, but I don't know of any fix but restoring the phone if it isn't.
    08-21-2012 05:51 PM
    (This is a post from the iPhone 4 forum, but I feel it better fits in this forum.)

Hello,

So all of a sudden, my iMessage is not working properly. Anyone that I can iMessage with, it lets me send to them perfectly fine, however their messages to me keeping coming in as texts. This is very frustrating to me because the messages stall and it takes a long time for me to get them. I have turned off and on iMessages, quit the Messages app, restarted my phone... nothing is working. I, supposedly, have perfectly fine 3G access. I did notice that when I am in the phone, like using it, the problem doesnt happen. But when my phone is not in use is when it occurs. Has anyone seen this before? I don't know what to do!

Thank you!
    SOP for all non Jb iPhone woes: 1. hard reset ( hold home & power buttons until white apple appears). If that doesn't work 2. Settings>Messages toggle off Turn phone off restart toggle setting back on.
    3. If tt doesnt doesntbfixbit then try this Settings>general>reset>reset network settings ( THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR WIFI SETTINGS AND PASSWORDS) 4. Make a genius bar appointment if none of the above works.
    08-21-2012 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD