imessage on mac

shorwath

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
hello,
i have a simple question as i am new to the whole iMessage ...when i was at work i was messaging family members and then when i got home i checked my iPad and the messages were there ( iPad was powered on all day ) then i went to my mac and powered it on and checked to see if the imessages were there and they were not. does the iPad,iPhone,or mac have to be powered on in to receive the iMessages? i thought that once you powered on your device that they would automatically sync from the cloud.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hello,
i have a simple question as i am new to the whole iMessage ...when i was at work i was messaging family members and then when i got home i checked my iPad and the messages were there ( iPad was powered on all day ) then i went to my mac and powered it on and checked to see if the imessages were there and they were not. does the iPad,iPhone,or mac have to be powered on in to receive the iMessages? i thought that once you powered on your device that they would automatically sync from the cloud.

If all of the listed devices are configured with the same Apple ID then yes, your iMessages will be sinked to all of them. No, all of the devices do NOT have to be on, however, whatever device that is not on will obviously not receive the iMessages until it is powered on. Now, some devices are configured to receive iMessages via an Apple ID AND the device's phone number. For example: If someone sends you an iMessage via the phone number of your iPhone, your devices that are configured only with your Apple ID may not get synced.

Last edited:

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If all of the listed devices are configured with the same Apple ID then yes, your iMessages will be sinked to all of them. No, all of the devices do NOT have to be on, however, whatever device that is not on will obviously not receive the iMessages until it is powered on. Now, some devices are configured to receive iMessages via an Apple ID AND the device's phone number. For example: If someone sends you an iMessage via the phone number of your iPhone, your devices that are configured only with your Apple ID may not get synced.

Isn't Apple going to merge your phone number and e-mail for iMessage in iOS 6?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner