I am new to iMessages and just want to to ask a couple questions.

1. When using it there are both blue and green text bubbles. Which is which?

2. When i look on my current usage on my Verizon bill it doesnt look like all the text i sent are on there.

Any help is appreciated
    07-21-2012 05:25 PM
    I am new to iMessages and just want to to ask a couple questions.

1. When using it there are both blue and green text bubbles. Which is which?
    The blue indicates an iMessage and will only display the color blue when texting other iPhone users with iMessage enabled. The green indicates an SMS message.

2. When i look on my current usage on my Verizon bill it doesnt look like all the text i sent are on there.

Any help is appreciated
    iMessages are not SMS messages and thus, should not display on your wireless bill or wireless carrier's site.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-21-2012 05:52 PM
    And should be the same on the other persons bill? We both have verizon wireless

I ask because there was a couple threads where they said there iMessages were on there bill and took away from there texts
    07-21-2012 06:07 PM
    It should be the same on both bills, as long as iMessage is connected then it send via data and doesn't count against your text messages.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-21-2012 06:40 PM
    Also, there are times when a message is allegedly sent as an iMessage and displays the blue color, but after end up being sent via SMS and changes to the green color. Furthermore, if the recipient of an i-device does not have iMessage enabled then your message will be sent via SMS.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-21-2012 07:25 PM
    Also, there are times when a message is allegedly sent as an iMessage and displays the blue color, but after end up being sent via SMS and changes to the green color. Furthermore, if the recipient of an i-device does not have iMessage enabled then your message will be sent via SMS.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    And if you don't want it to send as a text if iMessage fails you can simply make sure that option is off in the message settings.
    07-23-2012 10:04 AM
    And if you don't want it to send as a text if iMessage fails you can simply make sure that option is off in the message settings.
    True indeed...

Just Me, D
    (iPad)
    07-23-2012 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD